January 20, 20019
- Real time, direct editing of objects and styles.
- Image and vector effects can be manipulated directly and interactively on the objects.
- Advanced tools to edit vectors, text and images.
- Powerful snapping options to align objects and shapes, including collision and formation snapping.
- Create guidelines at any angle, group guidelines and use different colors per guideline group.
- Work seamlessly with multiple documents.
- Multiple views of the same document: edit a symbol in one view, see changes in the other view.
- Link documents and reuse symbols and styles from other documents.
- Build a hierarchy of multiple canvases, and use unlimited number of artboards in a single document.
- Use the Properties panel to quickly edit frequently used options.
Vector graphics and illustrations
- Select from a large number of parametric shapes to start drawing.
- Use real vector brushes, stretching vector graphics along shapes to create brush paint effects.
- Use both cubic and quadratic curves in shapes, with smooth and symmetric corners.
- Setup corners in any shape, and use arbitrary shapes to defined new corner types.
- Powerful nondestructive vector effects to adjust object shapes.
- Style objects with multiple outlines and fills using arrows, caps, dashes, stripes, variable stroke width, colors, rich gradients or tiling pattern styles.
- Create mesh gradients from any object using the Mesh tool.
- Setup gradients along or across a shape.
Image effects for vector graphics
- Select from a large collection of image effects.
- Apply multiple, nondestructive image effects on vector objects, groups or layers.
- Use the Image Effect tools to interactively adjust image effect parameters.
- Apply image effects as adjustment effects: adjusting content behind an object.
- Create adjustment layers using selected image effects.
- Import and reuse complex SVG image effect hierarchies.
- Use vector text as shape for objects.
- Powerful text on path features: interactive positioning of text along a path.
- Easy adjustment of the vector text baseline, to create a text on path effect.
- Interactively move and transform individual characters of a text shape.
- Flow text in multiple frames across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Embed shapes and styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Powerful text styling: outlines, fills, underlines, OpenType typography.
- Balance multiple columns of text flow inside a frame.
Powerful preview and display options
- Preview in vector, pixel or outline modes.
- Create a split view of different preview modes, and slide between them quickly.
- Zoom in to over 1.000.000% level.
- Rotate views to arbitrary angles and draw or edit objects at any viewing angle.
- Adjust the extent of sub-pixel division to setup various anti-aliasing modes.
- Preview colors, gradients and effects in 16-bit or 32-bit precision per color component.
Compatibility and export workflow
- Import and export popular file formats: PSD, AI, SVG, PDF, Postscript, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
- AI files are imported in editable form with tiling patterns, brushes, styles and effects available for reuse and adjustment.
- Create multiple slice regions on a canvas for exporting.
- Setup multiple export formats, resolutions and options for each slice.
- Export all or selected slices only, in one step.
- Batch export multiple artboards.
- Setup vector objects for batch exporting.
- Save the export options with the document and Export Again in a single step.
Editing detail for professionals
- Unlimited Undo and Redo hierarchy.
- Use the History panel to browse the change history.
- Alternate histories: select which change to redo.
- Save undo and redo history with the document, and browse previous history in a newly opened documents.
- Repeat selected recent actions.
- Find and replace objects, styles and text.
- Copy and paste object styles, object shapes, transparency masks, image effects and character styles.
- Create, edit and use Symbols.
- Override selected styles locally for a Symbol.
Customizable application details
- Select Dark or Light user interface theme.
- Customize size and color of indicators, used in interactive editing.
- Example: change the size and color of nodes displayed while editing curves and their control points.
- Set the scaling factor of the user interface for better accessibility.
- Setup automatic document backup options.
- Customize colors for guidelines, grids and slices.
- Customize details of object and curve editing.
Setup custom menu structures
- Customize the application menu hierarchy.
- Customize the context menu shown with quick actions on Control+Click.
- Create and reuse custom menu hierarchies.
- Easily swap between previously saved menu structures.
- Customize application shortcuts.
- Create, save and reuse shortcut definition files.
- Easily swap between previously saved shortcut definition files.
- Setup shortcuts specific to a context only.
- Example: a shortcut can have a different meaning when editing text or when editing curves.
Customize and create new toolboxes
- Customize the application toolbox.
- Create, save and reuse custom toolbox files.
- Create and use multiple custom toolboxes at the same time.
- Easily swap between previously saved custom toolboxes or open toolboxes in separate panels.