October 12, 12109
- Real time direct editing of objects and styles.
- Image and vector effects can be manipulated directly on the objects.
- Improved tools to edit vectors, text and images.
- Powerful snapping options to align objects and shapes, including collision and formation snapping, guidelines at any angle.
- Work seamlessly with multiple documents.
- Multiple views of the same document: edit a symbol content in one, see changes in the other view.
- Link documents and reuse symbols and styles.
- Build a hierarchy of multiple canvases and unlimited artboards in a single document.
- Use the Properties Panel to quickly edit most frequently needed options.
Vector graphics and illustrations
- Select from a large number of parametric shapes to start drawing.
- Real vector brushes stretching artwork along shapes.
- Cubic and quadratic curves with smooth and symmetric corners.
- Setup corners for any shape, and use arbitrary shapes to create corner types.
- Powerful nondestructive vector effects to adjust object shapes.
- Style objects with multiple outlines and fills using arrows, caps, dashes, stripes, variable stroke width, colors, rich gradients, tiling patterns or noise fill styles.
- Create mesh gradient from any object using the Mesh tool.
- Setup gradients along or across a shape.
Image effects for vector graphics
- Select from a large list of image effects.
- Apply multiple nondestructive image effects on objects or groups, edit and change their attributes interactively.
- Edit image effects interactively to realize the desired effect, using the Image Effect tools.
- Apply image effects as adjustment effects: filtering content behind an object.
- Create adjustment layers using selected image effects.
- Import and reuse complex SVG image effect hierarchies.
- Use vector text as shape for objects.
- Powerful text on path features: interactive positioning of text along a path.
- Instantly change the vector text baseline to setup a text on path effect.
- Interactively move and transform individual characters of a text shape.
- Flow text in multiple frames across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Embed shapes and styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Powerful text styling: outlines, fills, underlines, OpenType typography.
- Balance multiple columns of text flow.
Powerful preview and display options
- Preview in vector, pixel or outline modes.
- Use split view of two preview modes and slide between them quickly.
- Zoom in over 1.000.000%.
- Rotate views to arbitrary angles and draw or edit objects at any viewing angle.
- Edit the extent of sub-pixel division to setup various anti-aliasing modes.
- Preview colors, gradients and effects in 16-bit or 32-bit precision.
Compatibility and export workflow
- Import and export popular file formats: PSD, AI, SVG, PDF, Postscript, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
- AI files are imported in editable form with all brushes, styles and effects available for change.
- Create slice areas in the document for export.
- Setup multiple export formats, resolutions and options for each slice.
- Export all or the selected slices in one step.
- Save export options with the document and Export Again in a single step.
Editing detail for professionals
- Unlimited Undo / Redo hierarchy, browsed in the History panel.
- Alternate histories: select which command to redo.
- Save undo and redo history with the document, and browse previous history in a newly opened documents.
- Repeat selected recent actions.
- Find and replace objects, styles and text.
- Copy and paste object styles, object shapes, transparency masks, image effects and character styles.
- Create, edit and use Symbols.
- Override selected styles locally for a Symbol.
Customizable application details
- Select Dark or Light interface theme.
- Customize size and color of indicators used in interactive editing. For example change the size and color of nodes displayed while editing curves and their control points.
- Set scaling factor of the interface for better accessibility.
- Setup automatic backup options.
- Customize colors of guidelines, grids and slices.
- Customize details of object and curve editing.
Setup custom menu structures
- Customize the application main menu hierarchy.
- Customize the context menu shown with quick actions on control-click.
- Create and share custom menu hierarchies.
- Instantly swap between previously saved menu structures.
- Customize application shortcuts.
- Save, share and reuse shortcut definition files.
- Instantly swap between previously saved shortcut definition files.
- Setup shortcuts specific to a context only. For example, a shortcut can have a different meaning when editing text or when editing curves.
Customize and create new toolboxes
- Customize the main application toolbox.
- Create, save and reuse custom toolbox files.
- Create and use multiple custom toolboxes at the same time.
- Instantly swap between previously saved custom toolboxes or open toolboxes in separate panels.