October 12, 12109
Advanced typography in an illustration software.
- All of the typographic features and more.
- Use text and glyphs as shapes of objects.
- Flow text in multiple frames and columns across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Setup advanced character and paragraph formatting options.
- Align text along a path using advanced options.
- Use text specific tools to edit text content, link text frames, offset text along a path, and position characters individually.
- Organize fonts into groups for easy access and improved workflow.
- Access font collections from custom folders, without installing the fonts into the system.
Vector text as a shape.
- Create text as a shape using the Vector Text tool.
- Easily edit vector text by double clicking the text object.
- Assign multiple fill and outline styles to the vector text, just like any other object.
- Clip an arbitrary group of objects inside a vector text shape while keeping the text editable.
- Convert the vector text to curves and edit the curves making up the glyphs.
- Style individual characters or a selection of characters using object styling attributes.
Flow text into multiple frames
- Create rectangular text frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Assign any shape to the text frame or edit the shape using the Node tool to flow text into arbitrarily shaped frames.
- Assign styles to the text frame for background fill and frame outline.
- Flow text into multiple frames.
- Setup multiple columns and balance text vertically in a text frame.
- Select character formatting options using the Character Panel or the Character Options menu command.
- Select typeface, weight, size, tracking, word spacing, kerning and leading attributes.
- Select advanced OpenType typography features like ligatures. Customize subscript and superscript positions and sizes.
- Automatic spelling and hyphenation.
- Select underline, over line and strike through options using custom stroke attributes.
- Select character background fill and stroke styles to create frame around a part of the text.
- Select fill and stroke styles, opacity and transparency masks for characters.
- Apply optical kerning to glyphs in a text flow.
- Align paragraph text in various directions.
- Use single or multiple line composer for a paragraph to achieve better typographic results.
- Select text frame margin overflow mode.
- Edit the amount of indentation of the first and last lines or the left and right margins.
- Create paragraph rulers before and after a paragraph using custom stroke styles.
- Specify advanced Drop Capitals options.
- Select paragraph labeling, numbering or bullet point options.
- Edit spacing rules used in text justification.
- Setup hyphenation and tab stops rules.
Rich text styling
- Fill characters in a text flow using any fill style just like vector objects (color, gradient, tiling pattern noise).
- Assign outlines to characters using the stroke options.
- Create styled background of a selected range of characters that automatically aligns with the characters.
- Insert arbitrary glyphs, shapes or styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Edit details of underline, over line and strike through styles in the text decorations panel.
- Use dashes, stripes and variable width strokes in text underline, over line and strike through.
- Create, use and manage Character and Paragraph styles for improved text workflow.
Text frame options
- Create and use text frame styles to automatically adjust the attributes of multiple text frames.
- Align text flow in a frame vertically to top, center, bottom or justified.
- Set spacing around the frame and between paragraphs inside a text frame.
- Split the text frame into multiple columns and rows with gaps and directions.
- Balance text flow between multiple columns.
- Setup baseline alignment options inside a text frame.
Text on Path
- Align text and flow along arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Change the shape of the text baseline into an arbitrary shape using the Node tool.
- Move text along the path using the interactive Text on Path tool.
- Edit the text on path alignment attributes using the Text on Path panel or the Text on Path menu command.
- Create and reuse various text on path attribute styles and presets.
- Align multiple lines of text on a path using various rules to achieve better text effect.
- Offset the text along the path or set the distance of the text from the path.
Advanced text tools
- Create and edit vector text shapes using the vector text tool.
- Create and edit text flown in multiple frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Position text along a path interactively using the Text on Path tool.
- Link text frames or flow text into objects using the Frame Link tool.
- Position and transform individual characters of both vector and frame text using the Character tool.
- Insert special characters.
- Convert punctuations.
- Use the Typography panel to select OpenType features.
Powerful glyph management
- Use the Glyph panel to browse and use glyphs and glyph alternates from any font.
- Drag and drop glyphs from the glyph panel into the canvas as shapes.
- Insert glyphs at the current cursor position into the text.
- Select OpenType alternates of glyphs.
- Open arbitrary TrueType, OpenType or other font files into new glyph panels.
- Open SVG font files into new glyph panels.
- List and select object shapes and symbols used as glyphs.