January 20, 20019
Advanced tools to change color and shape
- Select from a collection of shape distortion effects, to modify object shapes.
- Shape distortions are nondestructive, parameters can be changed at any time.
- Apply multiple shape effects on groups of objects.
- Manage the list of stacked shape effects on an object.
- Edit shape effects interactively in the document, or adjust the effect properties in a panel or modal view.
- Apply color filters to selected artwork to adjust colors.
- Recolor selected artwork using advanced coloring schemes.
- Extensive list of geometric distortion effects, to adjust shapes of object groups.
- Apply ripple, wave, zigzag, perturbation using local variations, synthesized by a noise style.
- Create and edit interactive 4-point distortion effects.
- Create arbitrary distortions, using envelope shapes and mesh grids.
- Create elastic warp effects, by moving pinpoints and distorting the artwork accordingly.
- Bend artwork along a curve, stretching the artwork using variable width profiles.
- Create and interactively edit variable distance path offsets of object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape effect styles and presets.
The Shape Effects panel
- Add, edit, remove shape effects on the selected objects.
- Browse the hierarchy of shape effects, stacked on the selected object.
- Adjust the parameters of a shape effect on a selected object from the panel.
- Activate the interactive shape effect editor tool.
- Activate the additional shape effect parameter editor tool (if applicable for the effect).
- Apply shape effects to the outline stroke, distorting arrows, dashes and caps.
- Edit shape effect options, to control the distortion of curves and control point locations.
- Enable the Rigid Shapes option to create various shape placement effects.
Envelope and Mesh
- Create and edit envelope effects using arbitrary shapes, to apply distortions on a group of objects.
- Reuse envelope shapes from reference object shapes, or create custom envelope shape presets or styles.
- Create and edit mesh grid distortions on a group of objects.
- Add internal control points to mesh grid curves, to achieve better control of the mesh shape.
- Select linear mesh boundaries, to create mesh effect variations.
- Edit 4-point distortions interactively.
- Create and edit Elastic Warp effect on group of objects.
- Elastic warp creates distortions by stretching according to multiple pinpoint location changes.
- In elastic warp, the group members are distorted according to the elastic mesh distortion applied to the group.
- Elastic warp pinpoints can be added also at locations not covered by the objects of a group.
- Create and remove arbitrary number of pinpoints in the elastic warp.
- Rotate elastic warp mesh around any pinpoint.
Bending along a curve
- Bend groups of object along arbitrary shapes.
- Edit the bending curve interactively, using the node editor tool.
- Create and reuse bending shape styles and presets.
- Use reference object shapes as bending shapes, linking the bend effect to an editable shape.
- Apply variable width stroke profiles to the bending effect, to stretch the artwork locally along the shape.
- Edit the variable width profile of the bending effect interactively.
- Convert the bending effect into a mesh effect or curves.
- Change colors in selected objects and groups, by applying color adjustment filters.
- Colors are changed destructively, and can be further edited as a regular artwork (no image conversions involved).
- Change colors with Curves and Levels filters.
- Adjust colors using Black and White, Channel Mixer, Color Balance and Hue Adjustment filters.
- Change vibrance and saturation.
- Use the Photo Filter to adjust color tones.
- Mix object colors using the Style Mixer menu commands.
- Recolor artwork using the Replace Color command.
- Create complex recoloring rules, save and reuse these as presets.
- Recolor artwork, by matching to nearest colors of another document or a color palette.
- Disturb colors randomly, using a selected color mode.
- Recolor artwork, using randomized colors or select randomly from a predefined palette.
- Recolor artwork, using the object locations and colors from a noise scheme.
- Recolor artwork, by picking colors from an object (or image) region with the Filter Image role.
- Create blends between two or more objects for smooth transition effects.
- Create and use custom shapes for the blend transition path.
- Edit the blend shape using the Node tool.
- Set the number of intermediary objects, using fixed steps, object distance or color transition smoothness.
- Adjust the transition function separately for the object shapes and style.
- Edit the blend options, using the Blend panel or the interactive Blend tool.
- Use the Blend Map tool, to pair nodes of the blended object shapes, for finer control of the blend transition.
- Create contour effects of arbitrary width around objects.
- The contour will be a blend between the object style and a selected background style.
- Use variable width profiles in the contour effect, and edit the width profile interactively.
- Edit the contour effect options, using the Contour panel or the interactive Contour tool.