January 20, 20019
Extensive list of parametric shapes to start your design
- Draw and edit: rectangles, ellipses, circles, regular polygons, stars, square stars, gears, spirals, polygonal spirals, super ellipses and super shapes.
- Draw and edit symmetrigons with arbitrarily shaped sides.
- Edit ellipse or circle properties to create multiple concentric sections.
- Interactively adjust the attributes of any shape type.
- Bend the sides of rectangles and regular polygons.
- Select clockwise or counterclockwise shape directions.
- Regular and normalized star shapes of arbitrary number of corners.
Powerful curve editing tools
- Interactively edit corners of any shapes.
- Create and use custom corner shapes (not just circular or flat).
- Edit free form curves by moving control points or dragging the curve at any location.
- Show curve direction when hovering over the shape.
- Show starting and ending nodes of a shape.
- Edit quadratic and cubic curves of better control of shapes.
- Cut or redirect shape at self intersection points.
- Simplify and smooth out curves using the Simplify Brush or the Simplify Path menu command.
- Convert any shape to curves, and freely edit its nodes and control points.
Boolean shape operations
- Shape operations: Merge, Intersect, Union, Exclude, Cut Out, Inside, Outside, Remove Overlaps, Exclude Back and Divide.
- Simplify shape at self-intersecting points based on the winding fill rule.
- Combine and create complex shapes.
- Boolean shape operations without stray nodes.
- Combine shapes directly, to create new editable free form shapes.
- Combine shapes with boolean operations nondestructively, to edit the original shapes at any time.
- Apply boolean operations on a group of objects, to create nondestructive shape combinations.
- Use Shape Builder tool to create complex shapes.
Vector editing workflow
- Create and reuse shape styles.
- Change the shape of multiple objects, by using shape styles, and adjusting the styles.
- Link (reference) the shape of an object, to another named reference object.
- Edit the shape of multiple objects by editing reference object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape presets everywhere.
- Convert text to shapes to edit curves.
- Draw smooth shapes with the pencil tool, or create curves using the pen tool.
- Use Shape Paint (aka live paint) groups to create dynamically styled artwork.
Powerful vector effects
- Nondestructive distortion effects applied to object shapes.
- The shape effects panel creates and manages multiple shape effects applied to the selected object.
- Modify shape effect attributes of the selected objects at any time.
- Distort groups of objects, using mesh or envelope distortions.
- Bend groups of objects along arbitrary, freely editable shapes.
- Warp objects into predefined shapes.
- Apply the Elastic Warp effect to distort objects freely.
- Create and edit shape effects interactively.
Paint with Brushes
- Select pencil and brush stabilizer modes.
- Draw variable width outlines using the brush tool.
- Edit local width of variable width outlines using interactive tools.
- Select and paint with real vector brushes.
- Vector brushes may use variable width profiles, the width profile can be adjusted interactively at any time.
- Vector brushes contain an arbitrary group of vector objects, distorted and stretched along the painted curve.
- Vector brushes may contain arbitrary colors, or can be tinted and shaded with custom colors.
- Paint with scatter, pattern and bristle brush types, while retaining vector scalability.
Modify shapes using shape effect brushes
- Paint vector effects over any group of shapes to create local distortions.
- Select from up to 13 different vector effect brushes.
- Apply local twirl, ripple, noise, wave, perturbation, zig-zag distortions to shapes.
- Edit brush options by double-clicking on the brush tool icon.
- Modify object shapes using the Liquify tool.
- Create and apply shape distortions on groups of objects.
- Create and edit mesh gradients using the interactive mesh gradient tool.
- Create mesh gradients from arbitrary shapes.
- Add new nodes to mesh gradients at arbitrary locations.
- Select the color and opacity of each mesh node.
- Fast interactive preview of mesh changes.