January 20, 20019
Outline objects and text
- Select outline width from the Stroke panel or the Properties panel.
- Fill outline strokes with color, gradient, tiling pattern, or noise.
- Create and reuse stroke styles and presets.
- Select and reuse stroke styles from reference objects.
- Gradient on stroke: gradient colors transition along or across an outline stroke, including variable width strokes.
- Set stroke properties in the Stroke Panel.
- Allow zero width strokes for real thin hairline at any resolution.
- Align stroke inside, outside or centered to the object outline.
- Shift strokes inside or outside by arbitrary amounts.
- Align dash lengths between cusp nodes.
- Distort the shape of stroke (including arrows), using shape distortion effects.
Use stroke caps.
- Select stroke cap ends in open or dashed shapes.
- Create and use custom shaped stroke caps.
- Create new cap shapes from a custom shape.
- Select a cap shape as a reference to a named object shape. When the object shape is edited, the linked cap shapes are updated automatically.
- Offset stroke cap locations along the outline.
Add arrowheads to open shapes
- Select arrowheads at the start and end of open shapes.
- Select arbitrarily shaped arrow heads from the Stroke panel.
- Create new arrowheads from the shape of selected objects.
- Select arrowheads as a reference to a named object shape. As the object shape is edited, the linked arrow shapes are updated automatically.
- Connect arrows defined by an open shape, to the shape of the stroke.
- Enable arrowhead and stroke distortions by the shape effects applied to the object.
Variable width profiles
- Assign variable width strokes to selected objects from the Stroke panel.
- Create and reuse variable width profile styles and presets in the Stroke panel.
- Link to stroke width profiles of reference objects.
- Select width variation type from Monotone or Cubic.
- Edit arbitrary stroke width variation in a modal view or interactively.
- Use symmetric, reverted or flipped width variation functions.
Object outline workflow
- Edit stroke width profile interactively with the Width tool.
- Adjust stroke width profile using the Stroke Width Brush tool.
- Smooth the stroke width profile variations using the Width Smooth Brush tool.
- Erase nodes from the width profile function using an interactive tool.
- Use the Stroke Width panel for precise control of variable width strokes.
- Combine the variable width profile attribute with dashed, striped, shifted stroke attributes to create complex stroke effects.