October 12, 12109
Advanced object hierarchy
- Create arbitrary layer and object hierarchy in an illustration.
- Assign names to layers and objects and use them in various contexts (see symbols and object references).
- Add multiple fill and stroke styles to a single object.
- Assign transparency masks to objects or whole layers.
- Create clones of objects and modify or remove attributes of clones.
- Select the master object of cloned objects.
- Select cloned properties of object clones.
- Assign roles to objects and layers to reuse them in various attributes (transparency masks, patterns, symbols).
Object and layer options
- Clip layers into arbitrary shapes.
- Lock or unlock and show or hide objects and layers for better workflow.
- Reference any layer or object as a symbol.
- Place objects on any of the multiple canvases of a document.
- Assign color indicators to layers (used in the Layers panel and in outline preview).
- Use object or layer content as guideline shapes.
- Convert layers or objects to images.
- Create adjustment layers or objects using any image filter.
- Setup adjustment filters on any object, to apply image effects to the object backdrop.
- Clip groups by assigning a shape to a group.
Extended Layers panel
- Edit object and layer hierarchy in the Layers panel.
- Select locking and visibility options for multiple objects.
- Add image effects to selected objects in the Layers panel.
- Access advanced layer and object editing commands from the Layers panel menu.
- Customize Layers panel options using the Panel Options command from the panel menu.
- Open multiple Layers panel instances pinned to specific document, canvas, or object content.
- Copy and move content between multiple documents or different parts of the same document using multiple opened Layers panel instances.
- Show enlarged preview of an object or layer by double clicking or long pressing the object icon.
- Rename multiple objects or layers by selecting them in the Layers panel and pasting the names from the clipboard.
Object Style panel
- Use the Object Style panel to create, edit or remove fill and stroke styles of an object.
- List styles for multiple selected objects.
- Add new shape or image effects to the selected object.
- Drag and drop object fill and stroke styles to change their relative order.
- Edit the fill and stroke attributes of the selected objects.
- Access advanced commands from the Object Style panel menu.
- Apply filters on the colors used in the selected objects.
Find and replace objects, text and styles
- Use the Find / Replace tool to search, select and change objects or text by content or by attributes.
- Search for objects by their name, assigned selection marker, role, or reference.
- Search based on attributes using the More options if the Find / Replace panel.
- Search for object and text using multiple conditions.
- Search based on object fill or stroke properties.
- Replace found objects with symbols (reference objects).
- Automatically apply changes to found objects, like setting their fill or stroke styles, or applying shape or image effects.
Advanced object handling
- Assign names to multiple selected objects automatically.
- Assign 9-slice scaling options to symbols for better scaling control.
- Expand selected symbol references into local objects.
- Edit and override styles in selected symbol references.
- Expand groups of boolean shape combinations.
- Expand linked content into imported objects (AI, PSD, PDF, PS, EPS, SVG or other files can be linked instead of included).
- Expand any object outline stroke (including dashes, stripes, variable width profiles) into editable shapes.
- Search and replace referenced symbols.
- Create cap shape, arrow, corner shape, artistic brush, pattern brush, scatter brush, tiling pattern or symbol from selected objects.