May 10, 10059
Advanced object hierarchy
- Create arbitrary layer and object hierarchy.
- Assign names to layers and objects, and use these in various contexts (see symbols and object references).
- Add multiple fill and stroke styles to a single object.
- Assign transparency masks to objects or whole layers.
- Create clones of objects and modify or remove attributes of clones.
- Select the master object of cloned objects.
- Select cloned properties of object clones.
- Assign roles to objects and layers, to reuse these as attributes (color, outline, transparency masks, patterns, symbols).
Object and layer options
- Clip layers into arbitrary shapes.
- Lock or unlock, show or hide objects and layers.
- Reference any layer or object as a symbol.
- Place objects on any of the multiple canvases of a document.
- Assign color indicators to layers (used in the Layers panel and in outline preview).
- Use object or layer content as guideline shapes.
- Convert layers or objects to images.
- Create adjustment layers or objects using image filters.
- Setup adjustment filters on any object, to apply image effects to the object backdrop, masked using the object shape and content.
- Clip groups by assigning a shape to a group.
Extended Layers panel
- Manage the object and layer hierarchy in the Layers panel.
- Select the locking and visibility options for multiple objects.
- Add image effects to selected objects in the Layers panel.
- Access advanced layer and object editing commands from the Layers panel menu.
- Customize Layers panel options using the Panel Options command from the menu of the Layers panel.
- Open multiple Layers panels, pinned to specific document, canvas, layer, or object content.
- Copy or move content between multiple documents, or different parts of the same document, using multiple opened Layers panels.
- Show larger preview of an object or layer, by double click or long press on the object icon.
- Rename multiple objects or layers, by selecting them in the Layers panel, and pasting the names from the clipboard.
- Use the Appearance panel to create, edit or remove fill and stroke styles of an object.
- Show and adjust styles for multiple selected objects.
- Add new shape or image effects to the selected object, or to a stroke or fill style only.
- Drag and drop object fill and stroke styles to change their relative order.
- Edit the fill and stroke attributes of the selected objects.
- Access style editing commands from the Appearance panel menu.
- Apply color adjustment filters on the selected objects.
Find and replace objects, text and styles
- Use the Find / Replace tool to search, select and change objects or text by content or by attributes.
- Search for objects by their name, assigned selection marker, role, or reference.
- Search based on attributes using the More options of the Find / Replace panel.
- Search for object and text using multiple conditions.
- Search based on object fill or stroke properties.
- Replace found objects with symbols (reference objects).
- Automatically apply changes to found objects, setting their fill or stroke styles, or applying shape or image effects.
Advanced object handling
- Assign names to multiple selected objects automatically.
- Assign 9-slice scaling options to symbols for better scaling control.
- Expand selected symbol references into local objects.
- Override styles in selected symbol references.
- Expand groups of boolean shape combinations.
- Expand linked content into imported objects (AI, PSD, PDF, PS, EPS, SVG or other files can be linked into a document).
- Expand object outline stroke (including dashes, stripes, variable width profiles) into editable shapes.
- Search and replace referenced symbols.
- Create cap shape, arrow, corner shape, artistic brush, pattern brush, scatter brush, tiling pattern or symbol from selected objects.