October 12, 12109
Advanced symbol creation
- Any object or layer can become a symbol.
- Create a new symbol from any object by giving it a name and setting the object role to Symbol.
- Automatically create symbols by drawing them on a Reference Canvas with the Symbol role.
- Edit the content of a symbol by selecting the Reference Canvas containing the symbol and using regular object editing tools.
- Access symbols from menus and lists.
- Create symbols as styles using the Symbols panel.
- Save and reuse non-linked symbols (object copies) as presets.
Powerful symbol tools
- Use a symbol by drag and drop from a Symbols panel.
- Create symbolic references to any object, by dragging and dropping from the Layers panel while holding the command key.
- Expand selected symbol links using the Expand Symbol command.
- Apply additional shape or image effects to symbols while still retaining the original editable object.
- Find and replace objects with symbols using object styles or other attributes.
- Use the Symbols panel to create and manage the collection of symbols in a document.
- Reference objects are also listed in the Symbols panel.
- Drag and drop symbols from the panel into the document.
- Insert symbols into text as a glyph.
- Organize symbols into folders.
- Assign style activation schemes on symbol folders to setup alternative symbol selections.
- Export symbols into a VectorStyler specific symbols file for sharing and reuse (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update collection of symbols from a previously saved symbol file.
Powerful symbols workflow
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects that are used as symbols.
- Use large number of objects as symbols by setting the role of a canvas containing the objects.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing objects and symbols to use them.
- Update symbols from linked documents automatically or manually as the external document file is changed.
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select groups of Symbols and Styles.