May 10, 10059
Advanced symbol creation
- Any object or layer can be used as a symbol.
- Create a new symbol from an object or layer, by giving it a name and setting the object Role to Symbol.
- Automatically create symbols, by placing them onto a Reference Canvas with the Symbol role.
- Edit the content of a symbol, by selecting the Reference Canvas containing the symbol, and using regular object editing tools.
- Access and use symbols from menus and lists.
- Create new symbols using the Symbols panel.
- Save and reuse non-linked symbols (object copies) as presets.
Powerful symbol tools
- Use a symbol by drag and drop from the Symbols panel.
- Create symbolic references to any object, by dragging and dropping from the Layers panel, while holding the Command key.
- Expand selected symbol links, using the Expand Symbol command.
- Apply additional shape or image effects to symbols, while still retaining the original editable symbol.
- Find and replace objects with symbols, using object styles or other attributes.
- Use the Symbols panel to create and manage the collection of symbols in a document.
- Reference objects are also listed in the Symbols panel.
- Drag and drop symbols from the panel into the document.
- Insert symbols into text as a glyph.
- Organize symbols into folders.
- Assign style activation schemes to symbol folders, to define alternative symbol selections.
- Export and reuse symbols using VectorStyler specific symbols library (binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update a collection of symbols from an existing symbols file.
Powerful symbols workflow
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects that are used as symbols.
- Define multiple objects as symbols, by setting the role of the canvas containing the objects.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing objects and symbols.
- Update symbols from linked documents automatically or manually, as the external document file is changed.
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select groups of Symbols or Styles.