October 12, 12109
Selecting objects directly
- Option to select objects by using intersecting or including marquee.
- Select object using arbitrary shapes with the lasso tool.
- Select objects using the magic wand tool based on similar styling.
- Select and transform individual shapes in composite shapes.
- Select and transform individual objects in groups.
- Select and transform content of linked images or graphics, to setup cropping and clipping.
Advanced selection commands
- Select objects based on visibility or in the visible view area.
- Select all objects below or above the current selection.
- Select locked or hidden objects.
- Select objects containing missing links.
- Select objects based on attribute similarity.
- Isolate editing inside a group of objects.
- Draw, paste or place objects inside existing objects.
Reusable and automatic selections
- Define any number of named markers (stickers) that can be associated with objects.
- Select objects having specific markers.
- Search for objects with specific markers in the Find / Replace command.
- Save object selections and reselect the same objects later using the Selections panel.
Powerful object alignment options
- Use the Alignment panel to position objects relative to each other.
- Align objects based on selection, stacking or geometric order.
- Align to Selection, Key Object or to Artboard.
- Align and distribute object reference locations relative to each other.
- Create custom alignment scheme using the More Options command of the Alignment panel menu.
- Align objects sizes: that is resize objects, not just move them.
- Align multiple objects along a path.
Improved and extended grids and guidelines
- Setup multiple grids at arbitrary angle.
- Grids can be points or lines. Line grids may run in a single direction (at an angle).
- Assign grid to an artboard, a canvas or the whole document.
- Manage the grid from the Grid panel.
- Drag and drop guidelines from the ruler.
- Rotate guidelines to arbitrary angles by selecting them close to the view margin.
- Snap to rotated guidelines directly.
- Manage multiple guidelines and guideline groups in the Guideline panel.
- Create guidelines from objects or layers.
Advanced object snapping
- Snap to object boundaries when moving or resizing objects.
- Snap object sizes to other object sizes when resizing objects.
- Snap to guideline angles when rotating objects, or drawing lines
- Snap points to object shapes when editing curve nodes or moving objects.
- Collision snapping to multiple arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Snap to object formations by detecting basic geometric locations.
Advanced object positioning tools
- Use the gap tool to adjust the gap between objects.
- Use the collision tool to move or rotate objects so they align to curved shapes.
- Arrange objects in the stacking order using various Arrange commands.
- Scale, Skew, Rotate and Reflect objects using dedicated tools.