Grid Visual Upgrade

• I was using Graphic today for a job I had done last year and happened to notice that the grid looked a lot nicer than the VS version (there are a few other eyecandy things too that could be re-purposed 🙂 )
    Here's a pic of the grid. would be nice if VS had an option for this - major lines are very slightly thicker than the main hairline grid ...

0_1659711237038_Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 15.51.14.png

Neil

• @Igull You can add divisions to the grid — click the 'Edit additional grid options' button at the bottom of the Grid panel and in the window that shows up click the 'Add Grid' button, then change the spacing and the opacity, or the width:

alt text

• @b77 said in Grid Visual Upgrade:

You can add divisions to the grid — click the 'Edit additional grid options' button at the bottom of the Grid panel and in the window that shows up click the 'Add Grid' button, then change the spacing and the opacity, or the width:

LOL, you'd think at my age that I'd RTFM eh 🙂 This is wonderful, I keep finding stuff in VS that is leaps and bounds away from the everyday graphic apps.

Thanks for that.

Neil

• @VectorStyler I suspect that if iGull saves a custom grid as a preset he would like to be able to access it directly from a dropdown menu in the Grid panel itself.

• @b77 said in Grid Visual Upgrade:

he would like to be able to access it directly from a dropdown menu in the Grid panel itself.

Strangely, I just did that, saved my standard 10mm/1mm grid 🙂

I do find the whole Artboard/Canvas/Master/Reference thing just a tad confusing and overly complex for my simple needs, I really do need to RTFM and get my head around it - even artboard and canvas are the wrong way around for me 🙂

Neil

• OK, saved grids can be selected from the Grid panel's menu > Use Grid.

• @Igull Just keep in mind that a canvas can have multiple artboards. Anything else is not useful if you have simple needs, except maybe making the Canvas & Artboard panel (Option-A) visible.