Guideline Position Field

• When moving a guideline in X or Y, the guideline's position indicator box (bottom RHS of the box) is placed on the cursor and much of the time obliterates where the guideline will be snapped to. Can it's position be offset slightly - further away from the current cursor position ?
    Not sure it requires a preference, probably further up by a few mm's ?

I did notice that the value in the box is incorrect, but I know that is to be fixed in a future release 🙂

I also noticed what might be a very serious bug ( 🙂 ) - when the guideline is dragged, the text in the box increases in size rather than staying at the size chosen in the GUI scaling (sorry 🙂 ) I know how important serious bugs like this are to the general community LOL 😂

Neil

• @Igull The value is incorrect with top-down coordinates only (File > Document Setup > General tab).

• @Igull said in Guideline Position Field:

When moving a guideline in X or Y, the guideline's position indicator box (bottom RHS of the box) is placed on the cursor and much of the time obliterates where the guideline will be snapped to.

As a workaround until this is fixed, clicking slightly above a horizontal guideline or slightly to the left of a vertical one should display the position box over the line by a few pixels, or to the left of it by a few pixels.

• administrators

@Igull Added this to the backlog.

• administrators

@Igull This issue should be fixed in build 1.1.062

• @VectorStyler said in Guideline Position Field:

@Igull This issue should be fixed in build 1.1.062

Yes, the position indicator is now out of the way, thanks.

However :-(( When testing this, I notice that guidelines (X or Y) are only able to snap to the bounding box or centre of an object ?
    Snapping is enabled along with snapping to points/guidelines/objects/collisions - tried various combos, but no luck.

Vid attached.

No guideline snap

Neil