Rate Vectorstyler

• Hi

Vectorstyler has been added to MacUpdate

Vectorstyler on MacUpdate

Please give it a review.

• @Ingolf: About over a year ago I accidentally stumbled into VectorStyler and the updates since then have improved it significantly. I can honestly say that the functionality of the program blew me away, although I still need to get more familiar with it. If the development continues like this, in not too long a time VectorStyler may become the program of choice for many digital artists. What I found mind boggling is that the creation of this program is the work of just one man.... Kudos to you Sir, for this great achievement. Now it has developed to such an advanced level, that I feel forced to explore it more intensively. Currently I work with Affinity Designer, because it allows me to make realistic vector portraits. I will try to do the same in VectorStyler.

• @VectorWhiz said in Rate Vectorstyler:

@Ingolf: About over a year ago I accidentally stumbled into VectorStyler and the updates since then have improved it significantly. I can honestly say that the functionality of the program blew me away, although I still need to get more familiar with it. If the development continues like this, in not too long a time VectorStyler may become the program of choice for many digital artists. What I found mind boggling is that the creation of this program is the work of just one man.... Kudos to you Sir, for this great achievement. Now it has developed to such an advanced level, that I feel forced to explore it more intensively. Currently I work with Affinity Designer, because it allows me to make realistic vector portraits. I will try to do the same in VectorStyler.

It is my opinion that the man behind Vectorstyler must be a mixture of a genius and the world's most industrious person. I just want to make sure you understand that the man is not me but @vectorstyler, who probably gets more out of the 24 hours than many.

I also use Affinity Designer for several tasks, as I think Illustrator and CorelDRAW (both of which I have) are the clunky programs of the past at today's prices, and Affinity is pretty good for work where you draw away - just with vectors. But you can't do much more than style those vectors. On the upside, the program is fast.

Vectorstyler is more over in the vector editing genre like Illustrator and CorelDRAW, and here you can of course also do portraits, but you can simply do everything else too, and once you discover the creative possibilities here, you can expand your art/designs incredibly with little effort, and since it's vector, you can return modified vectors to their original state or use them flexibly with blends, perspective, effects, anything. Things that save you 100's of hours of manual work in advanced projects, and by the way allow you to reuse many vector objects in many contexts. Affinity on the other hand is mostly time consuming manual work.

When you discover how many options you have with vectors in a program like Vectorstyler, and how many complex things the program can do for you, and how little redudant slave work you need to do, you're on your way to reaching the next levels as a creative. And if you're coming from Illustrator, there are many things that are simply easier and more intuitive in Vectorstyler. And then it becomes more fun to be creative, and then you become more inspired and adventurous and see the possibilities and hoopla! An upward spiral.

So one program doesn't necessarily replace the other, it's certainly possible to use both simultaneously or to supplement feature-weak Affinity with Vectorstyler's incredible arsenal of pure vector features.

Have fun! You certainly don't lack creative tools now! 🙂

• @Ingolf : I wrote a blog about my first explorations of VectorStyler - https://communicats.blogspot.com/2021/03/vectorstyler-vector-drawing-program.html - in which I placed this self-made drawing:

from enthousiasm

• @VectorWhiz

Cool VectorStyler plate and impressive graphics on your blog 👍
    and of course have fun exploring VectorStyler