Mouse Wheel Sideways scrolling would be nice

• .. i.e. if you coudl use sideways scrolling on the zoom / in function

• @ambros Do you need to zoom to an object that is not visible?

Holding the Spacebar switches to canvas panning, then releasing the Spacebar reverts to the previous tool, or you can press Option directly and scroll to zoom under the cursor.

• I've got the mouse set up to zoom (i.e. change from default bahaviour)
    It would be nice if the mouse could also pan when zooming .. i've got that functionality in other apps (ableton does it) and i like it
    not a biggy though obvs

• @ambros So you suggest a keyboard modifier that when pressed switches scrolling to panning the canvas, but also zoom at the same time (probably not)?

Sorry if I misunderstood — I'm not shooting down your idea.

• No, I use an apple magic mouse. the little tiny ball allows for scrolling in two directions (in/out and left/right)
    I don't know how but this behaviour 'just works' on several programmes I use (despite me using an apple mouse with a windows PC)
    I honestly couldn't tell you how/why it works with other programmes (as it would seem highly unlikely that it would) - but it does...
    So when I scroll in my instinct is then scroll left / right slightly - except that VectorStyler doesn't have this functionality
    I mean it's no doubt a VERY niche request and I am sure there are a thousand more important adjustments / enhancements which would bring more to the table.. so as I say not a biggie

• @ambros I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but when I started VS I asked for the same.
    There is an option to follow the cursor while zooming.
    Turn it on and give yourself some time. Pan works after pressing the scroll.
    0_1636224631060_screenshot_20211106_194737.png

• Yes I’ve got that checked…
    Helps immensely..