humble wish of the now: Faster mouse wheel scrolling

• Don't let the topic title fool you. It is simply a way of me saying it crossed my mind, but never a rush as I have the patience of that of the Dalai lama.

alt text

Here Is a gif of me struggling to illustrate a human foot. I have been doing vector drawing for a half a decade, but there are always those things I need more practice on. 😅

When you see my zooming in to the toes, it takes approximately 25 or more full mouse wheels to get that close. Likewise, it could take quite a few mouse wheel scrolls to back away as well. This could be a carpal tunnel problem in a run that isn't very long.

Sure I can, go to the lower left corner and specify where to zoom or pick a percentage. However, it is more for the sake of having the mouse shortcut.

Nonetheless, I kept trying for the product testing purposed. The gif itself was once nearly 3 minutes in real time. It has been speed up by 800% for point reaching purposes.

On the compliment side however, the source code got the panning with the mouse wheel pressed down perfectly. That is always a plus!

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work!

• administrators

In Preferences -> Interface section adjust the "Zooming Speed" field (last numeric field).

Will set the default (100%) speed to faster in the next build.

0_1598595200743_prefs.png

• Dooh!! I wish I would have figured that out sooner on my own without having to bother.

Thanks for the tip. I will try harder next time to find my own answers first.