Developing the technical and artistic side of VS

• Just sharing some thoughts on VS with the forum while they are fresh in my mind:

@vectoradmin - I love the visionary aspect you have for VS. It's not "just another vector graphics editing tool". It's  clear you've thought out the process and made it more intuitive and given the user so many possibilities for better design work.
    I see two sides to vector design work - technical (pen tool, alignment-distribution, shape-building, symmetry, etc) and artistic (brush tool, pencil tool, path sketch, vector eraser, path brush tool, etc) When I use VS, especially for the more technical stuff, it flows amazingly well.

VS in terms of the artistic side of things is not bad - but I feel it's lacking. There's a certain value to being able to "throw around" vectors and modify vectors with quick tools like erase and path brush tool - using shapes to "cut out" a shape in another below, etc. Illustrator is not ideal either, but there's a free flow ability to quickly modify vectors and create them in ways that are more natural. It may just be I need more time using VS and my view is flawed because I know my way around Illustrator so well at this point.

I know @vectoradmin mentioned to @Ingolf I believe, that he'd like to do more to make hand-tracing vectors faster/more efficient. Maybe that ties in here?
    I think a big part of it for me is the ability to easily cut into shapes and easily separate the pieces if desired... the ability to quickly access buried shapes, to easily add on/cut away from shapes.

I think the edits on the list for the path brush tool will help make it more fluid - I could do more with the path sketch, etc.

This is more of a conversation start than me asking for a specific thing

• This is an interesting discussion… for next year. 🙂
    Planting 'Le Dot' here.