[Gradient Editor] Color popup window covers preview.

• @vectoradmin Could you make the Color Selector Window movable just like a Move popup window is? That should help in similar cases.
    https://recordit.co/8WzFJo0dBG

• @encart If it didn't cover the color stop, would moving it still be needed?

• @b77 If you provide a solution that doesn't overlap with the object, I don't see the need for it. I thought that this possibility would eliminate such strange situations.
    What are the consequences? Performance?

• @encart Normally this popup doesn't cover its color stop.

However, if the color stop is closer to the bottom edge of the app window, the popup will be pushed over it. This can happen often, because the popup is not small…

@vectoradmin Those two dropdown menus (Color/etc and RGB/CMYK/etc) can be placed one after the other to make the popup smaller. And there are those two identical menus β€” one needs to go.

@encart Moving the popup is, in my opinion, not that fast. In this case, the better workaround for now is to pan the view so that the color stop and the gradient get from under the popup.

If the developer makes it so that the popup is displayed to the side of the color stop when there's not enough space for it (or always), moving or panning should not be needed. Not that I'm against being able to move it, don't misunderstand me. πŸ™‚

• @b77 I have already read 'a few' of your posts and I know that when you have doubts, they are based on some reasons😊 I am also not insisting on movable.
    When you're working on a big screen and have more space, than I'm sure that is not often situation. But no matter how much space you'll have, you will face this problem when editing vertical gradients. Perhaps moving to the side will help, but then it will be uncomfortable for horizontal ones. If you say it's an occasional problem then maybe even better add a move option, because it will slow down only in some cases?

We all have the same goal here. To make it work well. I do not insist on anything. I like to read what others have to say because sometimes I am blind to certain consequences😜

• Would it be strange if the background of the window became transparent when moving the sliders or moving the color wheel? I guess too distracting?

Edit:
    From what I can see, most pop-up windows have a moving option, so it would be logical for every element of this type to behave the same.

• But no matter how much space you'll have, you will face this problem when editing vertical gradients.

It can also be a problem for horizontal gradients as well when one of the color stops is closer to the bottom edge of the window when you double-click it.
    So all this needs to be improved somehow (smaller panel, displayed to the side maybe,… a horizontal panel?).
    … .

If you say it's an occasional problem then maybe even better add a move option, because it will slow down only in some cases?

If the popup is made to never cover its color stop (i.e. let the computer move it where it should be instead of me), moving would be nice to have just in case. But of course, I'm not against it.
    … .

We all have the same goal here. To make it work well. I do not insist on anything. I like to read what others have to say because sometimes I am blind to certain consequences😜

Absolutely. πŸ‘

• administrators

@encart This should be fixed in build 1.1.024