Aligning text objects to their baseline or ascent line would be more useful

• I don't remember how other apps do this, but in my experience when working with editable text objects, aligning them using their baseline (for 'Align to Bottom') or ascent line (for 'Align to Top') would be more useful most of the time, not with their bounding boxes: https://recordit.co/CltrNVdmNR

Is there any shortcoming to this approach?

• @b77 It's funny you mentioned this now as I had just emailed @vectoradmin about this same topic last night when I ran into this issue trying to align names from a roster. In Illustrator, one of the reasons I usually keep names in live text format until the last minute was so I could align them to their baseline - especially when using title case. The lowercase "y" or "g" especially would interfere otherwise. Most of the time with aligning text, I'm using all caps for lettering, so they don't usually extend above or below by much. I noticed it in this last job I did because I was using mostly lowercase letters.

@vectoradmin - I would have all live-text align to baseline by default and then maybe have an option to toggle to aligning by bounding box, etc. I think there could be uses for the current setting, but aligning to baseline is the expected default

• I guess baseline or ascent line alignment by default should also extend to grouped text objects.