Applying styled group ( accumulated )

• @vectoradmin Any idea how long this would take to ship? Probably not next build right? 😬

• administrators

@Nils The next build will have only bug fixes still (but it is planned for Monday).

Then (if all goes well) comes a longer (feature) sprint, with the highest priority feature list, and this is included. So my estimate, at most 3 weeks starting from next Monday.

• @vectoradmin said in Applying styled group:

The next build will have only bug fixes still (but it is planned for Monday).

Would you consider putting another bug fix build before the feature build if some things won't work yet? It would be great to have the most important things working well, especially considering clones, since they can be used until the more elaborate symbol overrides are implemented, but are quite buggy atm. I'm gonna post some bugs again, today.

• administrators

@Nils yes, of course, if there are bugs reported (but depending on severity), and an be fixed, than an earlier build is always possible.

About clone: besides the refresh issue, was there anything else?

• @vectoradmin Yes, several other things, if I remember correctly. I'll make some detailed report with gifs in the next hour or so.. Would it be better to include everything ( if there are several things, I can't remember perfectly ) in one topic or separate into multiple smaller bugs?

• administrators

@Nils Include everything in one topic about cloning issues.

• @vectoradmin Okay.

For the future: Should bugs relating to core topics like Clones, Symbols, Roles, etc. be "accumulated" over time into one topic, that is adding on to an existing topic.

If yes, should I do that for the previously posted symbol issues aswell or do you have a good oversight of that?

• administrators

@Nils said in Applying styled group:

@vectoradmin Okay.

For the future: Should bugs relating to core topics like Clones, Symbols, Roles, etc. be "accumulated" over time into one topic, that is adding on to an existing topic.

One thread may contain multiple bugs, but if a new set of bugs is discovered (same for features) it is better to create a new thread.
    The reason is that these might end up as different backlog items, and in this way it is easier for me to link to the post.

If yes, should I do that for the previously posted symbol issues aswell or do you have a good oversight of that?

Same here, if there are new issues other than the existing ones, then a new thread is better. But if there are further observations, cases or ways to replicate on existing bugs, then keep posting on the related thread.

EDIT: the cloning thread for example can continue with cloning bugs, until they are fixed. Then a new thread is created.

• @vectoradmin I see. From your description it seems a little hard to determine the scope of separation of concerns here. That is - what is a "new set of bugs"?

Or should I not overvalue that and just apply separation as I see fit ( everything clone related into one, everything symbol related into another, etc. .. )?

• administrators

@Nils said in Applying styled group:

Or should I not overvalue that and just apply separation as I see fit ( everything clone related into one, everything symbol related into another, etc. .. )?

Yes.