Internal Preferences File/workspace file reader

• I think it would be helpful to have a built-in preferences reader and maybe the same for keyboard shortcuts and workspaces. So if someone wanted to compare and contrast what is in one preferences file to another, they could easily pull up their own preferences and load the other one in a reader and see them side by side.

Perhaps like the eventual custom workspace panel arrangements, preferences and the like could be stored and clicked between, instead of always storing them independently on user side.

• administrators

@Boldline Added this to the backlog of features.
    For now, maybe just comparing the settings or workspace XML file with some text comparison tool (File Merge?) could help.

• I was thinking of this again as I was modifying settings in my preferences - what about an option to print out / save out a pdf of the current settings? that way people could easily share their settings with others as a checklist

• @Boldline @vectoradmin what about some sort of "viewer" that shows the "delta" between the default settings and what the user has altered? This way you could get a short-list of any value you have changed from default.