What's the view on New View?

• Greetings,
    I was exploring the Canvas features, namely reference canvases and artboards, trying to figure out what powerful features they have to offer a designer, and I started to play with the View > New View Feature.
    I am used to the tabs in the main window of software packages to represent a number of different files open. I see that it is possible in Vector Styler to open multiple views of the same file.
    If you open a new document and save it as "Blue.vstyler" it will display the name in the top tab of the main window. If you open a New View, it will call the old view "Blue.vstyler:0" and the new one "Blue.vstyler:1". You can now change the view to a different artboard, for example, one set to Canvas > Canvas 1 > Artboard 1, and the other set to Reference Canvas> Reference > Artboard 1. Now you can switch back and forth between the tabs to see the contents of each one.

1. Is it possible to tile these two views so I can see both at the same time?

2. If not, would this be valuable to users to be able to see the two (or more) views displayed at the same time for complex files?

Thanks!

• @Victor-Vector did you try out split view? It will tile all open tabs, including any new views created

0_1650509771915_3dd0e0d2-c2dd-419e-b2ee-1b75a14b4776-BLD 2022-04-20 at 22.55.51.png

• @Boldline I did try that but it only splits one view into vector and pixel display. It would not let me have the Artwork canvas > artboard 1 and the reference canvas > artboard 1 open in the same view. Is there something I am missing, perhaps a setting somewhere?

• @Victor-Vector You're right - the split view just allows for viewing as vector compared to raster
    I knew I had done what you were wanting before in the past - then I remembered it was Panels>Arrange Views>______
    0_1650510360715_e7440bca-9185-4404-a670-3ab169db4c29-BLD 2022-04-20 at 23.05.26.png

• @Boldline Ahh that's it! Thank you!

I noticed that "Collected" brings it back to the default lined up tabs. I just thought I would point that out in case someone else was looking for information about arranging the views... 🤓

• @vectoradmin May I suggest moving Panels > Arrange Views menu item to the View menu? I would suggest under View > New View.
    As a user it seems better suited there, as evidenced by the question and discussion above, but please let me know if I am missing the mark.

Also may I suggest moving View > Lock Panels to the Panels menu. Perhaps the first item in the menu list, where "Arrange Views" used to be. Again, let me know if I am off the mark in my suggestion.

Thank you for considering.