Scaling image effects.

• Hello,

I took another illustration of the illustrator "Eiko Ojala" and tired to redo it for leaning purpose, how to use image effects.
    After I proceeded quite far, I realised that the graphic has only size of roughly 500 x 500 pixel and I wanted to scale it up.

I know that I have to check in the "Object Options" the "Scale Image Effects", so a selected each single Objects and checked the "Scale Image Effects", but after scaling the graphic nearly all shadows look not normal anymore, the blur is not there anymore and it is not possible to modify the Gaussian blur anymore. I mean you can change, but it does not behave as expected.

Original file:
    0_1651667602433_4_frames_v4_forum.vstyler

scale file:
    0_1651668012967_After_scale.vstyler

Do I do something wrong? Or is it a bug or expected behaviour?

PS. Probably many mistake from my side in the original file, as I am still trying to learn how to do things.

Thanks.

• administrators

@MajorTom Replicated here also. What happens is that the edges of the blurs (and probably inner shadow also) are cut off at a smaller clipping than it should be.
    This is a bug in the image effect rendering, when using the "Scale Image Effects" option, will get fixed ASAP.

• @vectoradmin thanks for the confirmation.
    Another questions do I have to add the "Scale Image Effects" to each single object or should it be enough if i assign it to a group of objects and all included object will adapt the option?
    Thanks.
    MT

• administrators

@MajorTom It needs to be added to every object. Should it be inherited by member objects in a group?

• @vectoradmin said in Scaling image effects.:

Should it be inherited by member objects in a group?

from my point of view yes. It would save me a lot of clicking 🙂 .
    But that's just my opinion.