Tool Cursors

• Would it be possible to implement new tool cursors for the following tools (at least) ...

Transform Tool
    Shape Editor
    Collider Tool

Currently, they all share the same cursor shape (certainly on Mac, I don't know about Windows) and I find it extremely annoying when you change a tool and nothing changes on screen (other than on the tool palette which you are not looking at).
    It is particularly annoying with the (A) key which toggles between the Transform Tool and the Shape Editor Tool - probably a really helpful feature for a lot of folks, but when I hit (A) to ensure I'm using the Shape Editor, I don't expect to find that I suddenly have the Transform Tool in my hand instead 🙂

Ensuring the above tools had different tool icons would alleviate a lot of those issues while still allowing those keystrokes to remain.

The transform tool cursor could remain as is or better still, remove the tail of the regular system arrow a la AI.
    The shape editor cursor would be the same except for an empty (or white) centre - again a la AI.
    The wonderful collider tool could be something intuitive - I'd leave that to the students to decide 🙂

Neil

PS If anyone knows how to switch off the double-tap on the A key to stop it toggling betwixt transform and shape, could they let me know 🙂

• @Igull said in Tool Cursors:

Would it be possible to implement new tool cursors for the following tools (at least) ...
    Transform Tool
    Shape Editor
    Collider Tool
    Currently, they all share the same cursor shape (certainly on Mac

EDIT: I stand corrected

Not-On-My-Mac ®

Screenshot please 🙂

• @Ingolf Well, indeed the Select/Transform tool has the same cursor like the Shape Editor tool when you select an object.

When you drag or transform an object, they are different.

• @b77 said in Tool Cursors:

@Ingolf Well, indeed the Select/Transform tool has the same cursor like the Shape Editor tool when you select an object.

When you drag or transform an object, they are different.

Ah, now I follow. Never noticed 😕 But yes, I agree @Igull

• on Pc too

VS does not change the Tool Cursor until you select
    a node or edit a shape.

All other vector programs I know and use, are changing the Tool Cursor
    at the Moment you select another Tool

find the VS behavior often somewhat annoying,
    when I switch from Transform Tool to Shape Editor Tool

• administrators

@Igull Yes it is possible. I will try to come up with some cursors for these tools.
    The only problem is that in VS all cursors are designed as vectors, and I still have to fix the Windows cursor display (could not get them to be smooth).

• @VectorStyler
    That's great, didn't know they were vectors, historically in Mac at least, you used to be able to edit them yourself in a small bit image editor (ResEdit) that was designed for editing "resources" - back when we used to display images on slate and the computers were run on boiling water 🙂
    Would probably be best to stick to the tool's own current operating cursor - just without the dot or tilde.
    Neil