Can fill swatch be set to default active in color panel?

• @VectorStyler Minor glitch btw — if the Stroke button is active in the Color panel, Option-clicking in the color bar doesn't update the Stroke color correctly in the color panel: https://recordit.co/ozCnSB6cob (tested with the just released 1.1.063).

• administrators

@b77 said in Can fill swatch be set to default active in color panel?:

@VectorStyler Minor glitch btw — if the Stroke button is active in the Color panel, Option-clicking in the color bar doesn't update the Stroke color correctly in the color panel: https://recordit.co/ozCnSB6cob (tested with the just released 1.1.063).

Added this to the backlog.

• @b77 said in Can fill swatch be set to default active in color panel?:

@Boldline Is it incovenient because in the tablet settings right-clicking with the stylus is done with the side button or with press-and-hold?

Unless there's some glitch with styluses in this case? I guess this was tested by the developer with a tablet and stylus.

I'm trying to figure out how it works - going to test it more on the main computer where I use a mouse alongside the stylus and then again on the laptop where I use the trackpad and stylus.... so far it sometimes works like I would expect and other times it gives me the wrong fill or stroke color and it's frustrating lol

• @Boldline I use the trackpad of the MBP only, so I'm accustomed to Option-clicking for right-click. Can't go back to the mouse… the trackpad is too convenient for me. 🙂
    But post here whatever conclusion you have after testing, especially with the stylus.

• administrators

@b77 said in Can fill swatch be set to default active in color panel?:

Minor glitch btw — if the Stroke button is active in the Color panel, Option-clicking in the color bar doesn't update the Stroke color correctly in the color panel: https://recordit.co/ozCnSB6cob (tested with the just released 1.1.063).

I'm trying to replicate this, but it seems to be working here.
    What are the exact steps to get that gray stroke in the color panel knob?

• @VectorStyler Steps below:

• draw any object, let's say with the default gray fill and no stroke;
    • click the Stroke button in the Color panel to activate it (bring it in front of the Fill button);
    • Option-click any of the colors in the color bar.

Result: while the stroke of the object changes to the color you selected, the Stroke button in the Color panel AND the sliders take the color of the Fill button (gray).

Shorter video here: https://recordit.co/UicaLSSALA

• administrators

@b77 I think there might be some settings / workspace difference, as I still cannot replicate.
    This is what I get: https://recordit.co/9aCheQJbQY

• @VectorStyler I did reset the app and it still happens here. I guess it's no use sending the .xml config files.

Basically the Stroke button when active (and the sliders) don't update instantly to the color I pick from the Color bar with Option-click.

But after you deselect the object then select it again, the Stroke button and the sliders reflect the correct picked color.

So it's a minor glitch, but it means I cannot edit the picked color directly after Option-clicking it.

• @b77 said in Can fill swatch be set to default active in color panel?:

But I agree with Encart that in the Color bar it should work like that — left click always assigns to the Fill and right-click always to the Stroke, no matter the active button in the Color panel.

@VectorStyler After trying this out for a while I'm still wishing it could go back to the traditional selection method that does not require the right mouse button. Most of the time, I'm not using a mouse but a stylus instead.
    Part of the problem is also the fact that it works differently based on what is being used to select colors. if I use the color bar, the right mouse button affects the stroke color. If I edit the color in the color panel, the left mouse button changes whatever option is on top. I do find I like the option there to use the right mouse button for changing the color fill or stroke box in the background
    I understand that for @encart and @b77, this is a more natural selection method because of their familiarity with corel. This feels like it needs to be a preferences option that can be toggled based on user preference. It's going to otherwise make sense to half the users and confuse the other half!

• @Boldline I have nothing against the previous color assigning mode being a Prefs setting, even on by default. 👍

Regarding any possible confusion from the difference between the way assigning colors work from the color bar
    compared to the Color panel, I don't have a magical solution that can please everybody, except that maybe the Stroke button
    should become active when you right-click in the color bar, and the same with the Fill button when you left-click.
    But I can't say I'm certain it's how it should work.

@VectorStyler Btw, the 'Color Palette' panel is more similar to the Color bar, so I think the same rule should
    apply (LMB assigns to Fill, RMB assigns to Stroke). Of course, if this option is enabled in Prefs.