New View -Option to pop out

• With the new view option, it creates a new tab with the same file, which is not a bad thing. Often I want to use the new view as a pop-out that I can move around on the screen sometimes with panel-like properties (where it remains overtop the design itself) or I want to be able to move it to another screen entirely to review the overall design as I dial in a small detail zoomed in on the main one.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a couple options on a fly-out menu for that "new view" option. Maybe it would be new view>view in panel, view in tab and view as new window

I know I can hit the new view option and it creates the duplicate in a new tab, but it's not the easiest to pull away and detach from the rest of the items - it tooks a few trues and the only way i was successful was the pull it away far from the tab list and then it worked.

0_1669246787134_f138a2a0-509e-46e4-8283-eba218323ffa-BLD 2022-11-23 at 18.39.38.png

• administrators

@Boldline said in New View -Option to pop out:

view in panel, view in tab and view as new window

The view in tab and window would probably work.
    Bit not clear what "view in panel" produce? These views contain a document that is editable in that view. And this cannot be created in a panel.

• @VectorStyler said in New View -Option to pop out:

Bit not clear what "view in panel" produce? These views contain a document that is editable in that view. And this cannot be created in a panel.

View in tab and view in window should suffice.
    That makes sense why a panel option would not work. The idea i was thinking was that it was more of a look-in rather than a full fledged editable copy and that it could sit overtop the design like panels do. so if you were working on the main design, the smaller copy could be placed wherever you wanted to view it for reference and it would not get lost behind the main open tab file.

the option to set the new view in a new window should work just fine for this - i'll just put it on a second screen. or i'll utilize the view options to place them side by side, etc...