From Apple Store

• About Vectorstyler, i quite agree with the opinion of Jazzcritic:

*"UPDATE: First app that got me to move off of Illustrator after 20 years!
    ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW. After using this on an actual project (a logo using type on a path), it was nearly unusable. So incredibly buggy and unstable. Can't begin to list. I hate writing this but the developers really need to stay away from shiny objects. JUST GET THE BASICS WORKING SO WE CAN GET OFF OF ILLUSTATOR. My 2c

This is an amazing app... or it will be. It's so incredibly powerful and has every feature I can think of.

That said, it's new. The developers are trying to cram too much into it leaving a lot of buggy features.

Couple suggestions... 1) Identify and prioritize required features and get them solid 2) One way to do one thing. Example: there are a multitude of ways to get text on a path.. far too many. Confusion without any clear benefit of one over another and all methods are really tempermental. Text on a path only needs control over direction and whether inside, on, or outside the path. That's it... get those basics done first and then add features down the road.

There's too much icing and not enough cake at the moment.

But I'm in... and I highly recommend others take the plunge and support this company."*

• administrators

@achillepr Hi, I agree and bugs are prioritized above all new feature requests.
    But the first thing to have a bug fixed is to have it reported, as not all bugs can be uncovered by internal testing.
    And this needs of course the support from the user.

• @achillepr i appreciate you sharing your thoughts on vectorstyler on the forum. I'm glad you've taken the plunge and welcome to the vectorstyler community! I was an illustrator user for many years prior to finding vectorstyler and have switched to using vectorstyler full time. It's fun to be in on the ground floor and see the program grow and develop into maturity.

I don't know when @jazzcritic first wrote their post that you reference, but Vectorstyler has come a long way in terms of bug fixes, especially in the last year. No one would dispute there are always improvements to be made. As @vectorstyler mentioned, he cannot uncover every bug himself and relies on the vectorstyler community to help test and report back issues they encounter.

The more specific you make the bug report, the easier it is for the developer to find and reproduce it and then fix it. If you can, share the details of a specific issue using screen shots, screen videos and test files.

Your post vasolates between Vectorstyler being too buggy and having in your mind, too many ways to do the same task. Every vector design program has multiple ways to accomplish talks. Vectorstyler is a powerhouse vector editing program. I don't see or want vectorstyler removing features, but rather the community continue to help give very specific nuanced feedback .

Your input is valuable and welcomed. The developer is welcoming of new ideas, methods, tools and improvements for vectorstyler. I'm looking forward to the specific improvements you suggest and specific bug issues you find getting fixed.

• Can't agree with the statement "incredibly buggy and unstable".
    And would like it, as @Boldline already wrote, if you report the bugs
    you found.

Must also say that I am on the opposite side " that their are too many
    ways to do one thing in VS ". I really LOVE! that VS offers these options
    and that was one of the main reasons for me to buy VectorStyler.

For improvement suggestions, I think everyone here has an open mind.

• @VectorStyler OK. Thanks.

• administrators

@achillepr Unfortunately, it is not possible to contact someone who commented on the app store.

I believe that the comments are valid, but of course I would need to find out what specific thing did not work for them.

• Global Moderator

@VectorStyler I've seen cases where app developers have replied to comments on the App Store asking the commenters to contact a support email address to get help with a problem they mentioned in the comments.

• administrators

@fde101 said in From Apple Store:

@VectorStyler I've seen cases where app developers have replied to comments on the App Store asking the commenters to contact a support email address to get help with a problem they mentioned in the comments.

I did that already.

• Good, you're great!