File -> Open recent : option to delete from the list

• When a file is no longer at the original location (deletion, etc.) it would be nice if it could be removed from the list so that only those that still have the same location remain in this list. Thanks ☺

• administrators

@Pat Added this to the backlog.

• But how? A global option and removing such files automatically is not great if an external drive is disconnected temporarily and a handful of entries are removed.

Personally I am fine with the method used by Affinity, it says the file does not exist - remove it from the MRU list? When I try to open a deleted file from the recent list. When more files have been removed and 4+ need to be removed I clear the list. I personally don’t find the issue bigger than this it works for me.

An option below the clear list would be best.

• I didn't want to refer to Affinity yet, but I also like the way these applications handle missing files. It would suit me perfectly.

• @Pat said in File -> Open recent : option to delete from the list:

I didn't want to refer to Affinity yet, but I also like the way these applications handle missing files. It would suit me perfectly.

☺ This one thing they did right.

The most common scenario here is that I actually want to clean the list from now irrelevant files and removed files. Then I open the one or two files I want to stay there, clear the list, and make a minor change then undo it to the two open files… then save them. A few seconds of manual work.

I also wanted to suggest a feature similar to that in Affinity, when a file in the list cannot be opened but forgot. It would be a great supplement to the total destruction method behind clear list. 🙂