How to start drawing a new shape with the pen tool next to another

• I run into the problem that I have drawn a shape with the pen tool, and after finishing it, I want to draw another one directly next to it. I have snapping turned on, as I want the objects to be perfectly aligned, and click on a point of the previous shape to start the new one: it does not work, but rather seems to select the point on the previous shape (round indicator). I can only start a new path (pointed indicator) when I start outside of the shape. But this is a problem, as it is harder to correctly line up the shapes. Is this a bug?

• administrators

@postdes The Pen tool will attempt to continue with existing shapes. I will add this as a bug to the backlog.

• This seems better in the new version: I can now more easily create new shapes even on previously created points of other shapes. Having Snap to point on works better now, too. The new snapping indicator is very helpful. One issue I did not notice is when I have both snap to point and snap to shape enabled, it it can be hard to make one point snap to another. These two snapping options seem to disturb eachother so they don't work well.

Thanks for the fast improvements!

• administrators

@postdes Great! I add a snap to point with snap to shape combination improvement bug to the backlog.

• administrators

@vectoradmin Snap to point and snap to shape combination has been improved in the new build.