Clarifying settings

• When I had to reset my preferences to the defaults and then redo my customizations to them, there were a few default settings i cannot find the option to edit. For example, the little "x" that appears on the side of an object when I hover over it. This might be a separate one, but also the way all the nodes get highlighted when I hover over an object.

This is where I have things now - I thought turning off "show nodes of selected shapes'" or "show nodes when hovering" would do it, but neither solve that setting issue.

0_1677003198738_fa8acf7e-5df3-4e8a-9d87-137616d131cd-BLD 2023-02-21 at 13.12.55@2x.png

• @Boldline

for the little x
    the setting is here
    Preferences -> Changing Options -> Detect Hovering Node (second column, second last checkbox)

• @Subpath thanks.

There's also a setting on that sets my rotation of an object to designated amounts. it feels like the snapping it on but it's not...
    If I take an object and grab a corner with the transform tool and try to rotate it, it's not a smooth rotation. I hope that makes sense
    Anyone know what I need to adjust for that? I thought it was "constrain line angle" but that is not it

• @Boldline

do not change so many settings, so can not help

but I thought about making some screenshots
    or a gif animation of the settings pages
    to find my settings later

• @Boldline said in Clarifying settings:

There's also a setting on that sets my rotation of an object to designated amounts. it feels like the snapping it on but it's not...
    If I take an object and grab a corner with the transform tool and try to rotate it, it's not a smooth rotation. I hope that makes sense

Is it Prefs > Editing Options 1 > Angle Constraint? This value is for rotating with Shift.