Can PDFs be exported from VS with layers honored?

• If I want to send a design file with layers to someone without VS, is that a possibility in VS? Can it be done with PDF? I tested this by creating a VS file with two layers of design and then exported it as a PDF file and opened it back up in both VS and Illustrator and neither would show any more than one layer.

In Illustrator, I used the same pdf exported from VS and moved items back to a new second layer and resaved the pdf and then reopened it in Illustrator and the 2 layers were honored. Opening that new revised pdf back into VS again did not result in VS honoring two layers.
    Is this due to pdf being a part of adobe? or is there a setting can adjust to allow layers in exported pdfs from VS? thanks!
    0_1679863849303_7149302f-8c0c-4aa6-b615-ea2379440fe7-BLD 2023-03-26 at 16.47.26.png

• administrators

@Boldline I think this is not possible at this time. I added this to the backlog, of new features.

• @VectorStyler ok no problem. It's not an urgent thing. In the long term it would be a great addition to add layers to PDF because it would give VS an alternative export with layers option besides strictly native VS files.