Spot Colours Not Retained After Saving and Reopening VS File or Exporting EPS File

• After assigning spot colours to a file in VS, once the document is closed and reopened the colours applied are not maintained but appear as a mixture of RGB, CMYK and LAB colours.

Likewise, after initially assigning spot colours, exporting to EPS and then reopening the exported EPS file in VS shows the assigned spot colours now all have RGB values instead of the assigned spot colours, this is after updating to 1.1.085.

The exported pdf shows the correctly assigned spot colours.

Opening the exported EPS file in Affinity Designer shows all the spot colours with a CMYK assignment though this is because AD is not reading the spot colours which has always been an issue with AD but at least they've been converted to CMYK values rather than RGB values.

There's no point in me uploading the VS file with correctly assigned spot colours because it reopens without them being applied.

https://youtu.be/VyuKavd-_PU

1_1685371018861_pms_lab_swatches_vs_export.pdf

0_1685371018861_pms_lab_swatches_vs_export.eps

• administrators

@VectorByName Yes, this is a regression. Fix will be in the next build (today).

• Perfect, thanks for the update and incredibly quick response and resolution... I'll test once the next build is up and report back if there are any issues...

• Thanks for the swift update to 1.1.086, retention of the applied colour has been fixed and that element is working as expected however, reimporting, exported eps files still results in spot colours being specified in a mix of RGB and CMYK rather than the source spot colour...

This is also true when opening a CorelDraw generated eps using a spot colour, VS specifies the colour in RGB using a colour reference that is in no way related to the source file, i.e., PMS 341 C exported as an eps file in CorelDraw opens as R: 255, G: 0, B: 255, effectively pink instead of army green.

In Affinity Designer the same eps file opens using C 100, M 53, Y 66 K 0 when a U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 is the assigned colour profile, the correct colour, though AD doesn't import spot colours from the eps but rather makes a CMYK conversion...

• administrators

@VectorByName I keep the EPS exporting issue open.

• Many thanks, hopefully, a relatively easy fix...