New from Clipboard Fail ?

• New from clipboard doesn't seem to work, it creates an artboard the correct size for the copied object, but the object itself isn't transferred ?
    It does show the object parts in the layers panel, but they don't exist on the artboard and are not selectable anywhere.
    Anyone else have this issue ?
    I was needing to create a pile of individual SVG files to transfer to TinkerCAD (tinkercad can't ungroup a set of SVG objects sadly).

TIA

Neil

• administrators

@Igull Could not replicate it here. Were the objects copied from VS? and was VS restarted?

• @VectorStyler said in New from Clipboard Fail ?:

@Igull Could not replicate it here. Were the objects copied from VS? and was VS restarted?

Yes, objects were created in VS - yes, VS has been restarted.

There is also another issue (which may or may not have anything to do with it), the objects in the original file were scaled to 25%, but when copied and pasted (new from clipboard), they changed to their original 100% size.

Neil

• @VectorStyler

i tried it with open and with import a .svg File

when I opened a .SVG file with a bunch of objects.
    Ungrouped it and copied two objects to the VS clipboard.
    New from clipboard created only a blank artboard.

Copying with new created shapes in VS (circle) works

When i "import" the .SVG File and go through
    the same procedure. Then it was working

• administrators

@Subpath I will try to replicate with those steps.

• @Subpath said in New from Clipboard Fail ?:

New from clipboard created only a blank artboard.

Been having a closer look at this, it seems that the copied object is not being placed on the newly created artboard, but some distance away giving the illusion of no object (you can see that there is an object as it shows in the layers panel).
    In my case, the artboard is also rotated 90 deg to the original object rather than at the same angle - and the object is below the artboard in Y.

Neil

• @Igull

yes, your right
    its somewhere below the artboard