SVG Export Outline Issue

• Having a bad day today 🙂

For some obscure reason, I have some lines that are being exported (to SVG) expanded as their outlines. I can't find the cause of it - perhaps some of the arty folks have a better understanding of what might have caused this issue ? When the lines/objects are viewed in preview mode, they show no indication of being outlined/expanded.

It is definitely an object based thing as some of the objects/lines are OK. If I copy one of these lines/objects across to a fresh document, the issue is the same.
    I noticed it when imported into another application, but if you open the SVG in VS, the issue is visible there too.

I assume I have hit some oddball keystroke that has caused it as I never use any effects or styles. I also assume (hope 🙂 ) that there is a magyck spelle to return these objects back to their original forms. The 'expand stroke' option in the SVG export panel is not selected (that I assume would expand all strokes anyway).

TIA !

Neil

Update: As a workaround, it seems possible to use the eyedropper tool to paste attributes from one of the shapes that aren't affected. Is there some way to list all the attributes of a selected object ?

• administrators

@Igull There are several stroke attributes that cause automatic expansion when exporting.
    These can be for example stroke alignment or width profiles.

If you send me an example I will try to figure out what causes this.

• @VectorStyler said in SVG Export Outline Issue:

@Igull There are several stroke attributes that cause automatic expansion when exporting.
    These can be for example stroke alignment or width profiles.

If you send me an example I will try to figure out what causes this.

Just sent.

Many thanks

Neil

• administrators

@Igull There seem to be stroke width profiles used, they are all uniform, but even in this case it will be expanded when exporting.

Select all shapes and use the solid stroke button in the Stroke panel (second last in the icon row), to clear all stroke attributes.

• @VectorStyler said in SVG Export Outline Issue:

@Igull There seem to be stroke width profiles used, they are all uniform, but even in this case it will be expanded when exporting.

Select all shapes and use the solid stroke button in the Stroke panel (second last in the icon row), to clear all stroke attributes.

Yes, it seems that the stroke profile was the issue. I have no idea how that came about, I would never have a use for that.
    I can only assume that I hit the wrong choice in the stroke panel at some point and when doing copy/paste for common parts, just extended the issue !

Thanks for finding that, makes sense when you say that the stroke is profiled - I can't imagine another app being able to pick up on that unless it was an outline - certainly as an SVG export at least 🙂

Thanks, you saved the day - and a good number of hours of work 🙂

Neil