License Code Invalid

• I haven't used VectorStyler in a while but the last time I used it, it was fine. I launched it today and it gave me a notice that the license code was invalid and that I needed to purchase a license and it would revert to demo mode.

I had to go look up my license code, re-enter it with my username and eMail and it accepted it and works again.

But, honestly, this is one of the things that concerns me with software that uses Internet activation and is one of the reasons (along with subscriptions) that I am moving away from Adobe. What happens when the license server is down or I am somewhere without an Internet connection? What could cause the license to become invalid? Is there a file I need to backup? Is license data stored in the application package such that I can just keep a backup of the app and restore it if needed?

Thanks!

• administrators

@dcr said in License Code Invalid:

What could cause the license to become invalid?

Not sure what caused this, but from the license server it seems that the license code was fine but it was missing the name and email.
    Could be that the VectorStyler application data was removed from the applications folder.

Is there a file I need to backup?

No need to backup anything, just use the license key with the name and email.

Is license data stored in the application package such that I can just keep a backup of the app and restore it if needed?

Keep the original license email, that will be sufficient if the license is asked again, or if you need to move to a new computer.