Why I'm getting double grid snapping guide lines?

• When you have a grid and grid snapping enabled, on many occasions as I drag the pointer and the grid snapping guides are showing up, I'm getting double of those. Is this a bug or a secret setting I don't know about?

1. Create a new default document.
    2. Enable snapping. Leave all default snapping options enabled (I only disabled guideline snapping).
    3. Use the Pen Tool to draw points and snap them to the grid. As you draw, double lines will show up even off canvas/artboard.

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3ujnRMSYg

VS 1.1.094

• administrators

@pentool I will try to replicate this.

• administrators

@pentool This can be replicated, it is a feature but it is not indicated very well.

What happens here is that besides the snapping of a point to the grid, the angle of the line or curve control tangent is also snapped to the angle of the grid, both in parallel and perpendicular direction, hence the two extra indicator lines.

• Ok, then how do you explain this? I am getting vertical and horizontal grid guides when I have an angled grid. And the snapping guide showing up in-between grids despite I don't have any vertical or horizontal grid setup neither on the canvas nor on the artboard.

1. Create a new document.
    2. In the current canvas' Grid Editor disable the vertical and horizontal grids so it won't have any. Or just simply delete the grid entry in the Grid Editor.
    3. In the artboard's Grid Editor specify both horizontal and vertical grid lines and set the angle, say 45 degrees.
    4. Now enable snapping to the grid and move the cursor. You'll see that you get weird horizontal and vertical snapping guides in-between the grid lines that are in a weird positions (meaning they are not even in the center of the grid). So why is this happening?

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKW_amE5r6g

VS 1.1.095

• @pentool I think there is an invisible grid at 0° under this one at 45°.
    Could be related to the other issue you reported here.

• administrators

@pentool I try to will replicate this.

• Well, there are a LOT of grids. There are reference, parent and artboard canvases. They all can have grids (they have a little grid icon next to them in the Canvas & Artboard panel). Furthermore, all these canvases can have any number of artboards and they all can have grids. Phew... So even if you delete all the grids (in the Grid Editor) for all canvases and artboards except the artboard you are working on, you'll still have this issue. So not sure where the extra set of grids are hiding, if there are any.