Layers panel scrolls too fast when dragging an item

• When you have a few items in the Layers panel and you'd like to drag an item to above or below its current positions, I think the panel scrolls really fast. It's very difficult to reposition the dragged item because of this.

Anyone noticed this? Could this be slowed down a little?

This is noticeable when the Layers panel has a small height and you have lots of items.

It would also be nice to be able to scroll the Layers panel content once you grabbed an item to move. Eg,

1. You select an item in the Layers panel to move (but you don't actually drag it). Instead...
    2. ...while you are holding the item, you scroll the mouse wheel, which in effect scrolls the contents of the panel.
    3. When the panel scrolled to the correct position, you release the item where you want to drop it.

Does all this make sense or should I create a video? Thanks.

• @pentool Yes I agree it speeds up too quickly

• administrators

@pentool I will change the drag&drop scrolling speed.

• @VectorStyler In my case, when I add objects, the Layers structure is altered and no longer reflects the actual objects. I constantly have to collapse and expand the layers to refresh and restore the correct layers structure.

• @_NM_ Here it's working fine.

The Layers panel has a menu in the upper right corner, and the last item is 'Panel Options'.

What are the settings here in Panel Options?

0_1693190536943_Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 05.41.02.png

• administrators

@_NM_ Send me the layers panel option screen shot. I will open a bug on this one, but I need some info on how to replicate it.

• They are exactly as in the image above, which, I assume, is the default setting for the program.

• It appears that alone having opened the settings panel and clicked OK without changing any settings fixed the layer synchronization problem. Thanks again.