Option to create single path segments with Pen tool

• If this exists and I missed it, let me know. I've been thinking about ways to speed up workflow when I'm using the pen tool.
    I don't know if it's just me, but often when I use the pen tool and want to end a path, pressing "command" while clicking to end it does not work - it adds another point to the existing line I'm done with. Maybe I'm not pressing hard enough or I'm pressing the command key a fraction before or after the pen tool click?

My thought was to add an option for single path segments where the pen tool would end each path after the second click (first click to start, second to end). The user would intentionally overlap their corners rather than stopping to create cusp points, etc... and then use the "cut path at intersections" option afterward and delete the excess overage lines or potentially do more with the path sketch tool to delete overlap and create a node at the intersection point

• You can just press Escape (ESC) to end the line.

• @pentool said in Option to create single path segments with Pen tool:

You can just press Escape (ESC) to end the line.

Interesting, I didn't know that. That's a little more reliable because it's not reliant on clicking at the same time