Possible release date?

• This question is not about technical features so I'm not sure it is allowed 🙂

But anyway, do you, developers, have an idea of when approximately VectorStyler could be released? Or perhaps, the more specific question: what is your "acceptance criteria" of releasing the app to the general public? What should be achieved before you say "yes, this is it" ?

• administrators

@grix Any questions regarding VS are allowed 🙂 This one is a hard question. Obviously the goal with the beta is to reach a certain quality required for the release.
    This includes regular bugs, various platform compatibility issues, and some features that are common and still missing (like overprint).
    It is still open whether CJK can make it into version 1 (not mandatory but not yet decided).

Otherwise it is about numbers: the number of bugs (still too much) and the number of beta users (still too few).
    The plan is to have the version 1 release by the end of May latest, at least for Mac.

• This is very specific answer. Thank you 🙂

Only ~2 months to go. After (presumably) many years of development, this must be very exciting time for you.

• administrators

@grix Again, it is all subject to the two mentioned metric (bugs and beta testers).

• @vectoradmin Are there specific areas you need us to be testing?

• administrators

@Boldline The most persistent issues come from compatibility with various system versions and machines.
    Also importing from other file formats is a constant source of surprises.
    The above issues are hard to find with targeted testing.

Otherwise, some areas that got less attention than others:

• text layout (in frames) and text flow
    • image trace
    • exporting and importing into file formats
    • also the windows version was released only 3 months ago.

• @vectoradmin ok I'll try to do more with those areas you highlighted, you know you can count on me to give you the older el capitan reports!