New VectorStyler user

• How could I have overlooked VectorStyler for so long? After I can no longer access my Linearity Cloud due to too many documents and folders and the problem couldn't be fixed apart from me declining subscriptions, I searched for another vector app and to my surprise found Vectorstyler. Originally a Freehand and Illustrator user until Illustrator switched to subscription I am really impressed with the feature set and clean UI. I never really liked Affinity Designer, especially slow bug fixes, lack of features like real vector brushes and the relativistic fanboy dominated community. Although I usually buy through the Apple Appstore, this time I bought through the website. I hope to be able to install the current version in 10 or 20 years on old devices as a backup computer, especially for opening old files. So I still run Illustrator CS4 and Photoshop CS5 and QuarkXPress 10 on a macMini under El Capitan next to my M1 Mac.

• @creative Welcome to VS! I too regret not discovering VS sooner. After trying it out, I fell in love with it. Now, VS rightfully holds the top spot on my list of vector software. I'm a super fan of VS.

• @creative

Also a VS User and lover here. Welcome to the VectorStyler forum

Once you get a little deeper into VectorStyler, you may realize that you have found
    one of the most feature-rich vector graphics programs out there and a developer
    who listens to the users of his program.

I myself come from Coreldraw. I also own a copy of Affinity Designer 1.
    One day when I wanted to suggest a program improvement in the Affinity forum
    and saw that users had been asking for the same thing for a long time,
    I realized that I could keep waiting or I should look elsewhere.

I decided to look elsewhere, found VS and never looked back.

• administrators

@creative said in New VectorStyler user:

Welcome to VectorStyler!

I hope to be able to install the current version in 10 or 20 years on old devices as a backup computer

Yes this should work, but of course M1 mac is recommended for better performance.

And you should be able to open AI files as well, not just the PDF version but the actual native AI part.

• @VectorStyler said in New VectorStyler user:

Welcome to VectorStyler!

I hope to be able to install the current version in 10 or 20 years on old devices as a backup computer

Yes this should work, but of course M1 mac is recommended for better performance.

And you should be able to open AI files as well, not just the PDF version but the actual native AI part.

Good to know. Hopefully VectorStyler will be available and subscription free for a long time. We can all remember what happened to Freehand. It's always good to have a backup system that you can use. Version 2 will of course no longer run on the very old systems.

• administrators

Hopefully VectorStyler will be available and subscription free for a long time.

That is the idea.

We can all remember what happened to Freehand.

yes 😞

• @Subpath said in New VectorStyler user:

@creative

Also a VS User and lover here.

We all are VS enthusiasts ☺

Once you get a little deeper into VectorStyler, you may realize that you have found
    one of the most feature-rich vector graphics programs out there and a developer
    who listens to the users of his program.

Totally agree

I myself come from Coreldraw. I also own a copy of Affinity Designer 1.
    One day when I wanted to suggest a program improvement in the Affinity forum
    and saw that users had been asking for the same thing for a long time,
    I realized that I could keep waiting or I should look elsewhere.

I decided to look elsewhere, found VS and never looked back.

Same path except for CorelDraw, which I don't use despite my license. I'm always forced to use AD1 or I'd have to redo all my drawings from scratch in VS because it's impossible to import all the properties of an object. But it's obvious that I'll only use VS for new projects.
    I hope that an 'ecosystem' will be developed with a desktop publishing and a raster image editing apps ☺

• 👋 Welcome! I hope you will find all you need with VectorStyler. I too have used tons of other (commercial and open source) vector editors and have totally fallen in love with VectorStyler for all its capabilities, active community, responsive developer and I cannot wait to see where it will take us.