Search feature in palettes

• administrators

@Boldline Got the file, and it looks like there is a problem when reading this ASE file. The problem has been identified, and the fix will be in the next build.

• @vectoradmin Awesome. Glad you were able to find the problem. I curated a palette of colors I use daily in my work and it's great that I can transfer that set over for use in VS. Ideally, I want to make that ase file my default set of colors that opens each time in VS

• @vectoradmin said in Search feature in palettes:

@Arde I noticed an error in that screenshot: the All Formats label resource was not defined will be fixed in the next build.

Another good reason to always be talking about features in VS - you never know when something unexpected gets noticed and fixed.

• @vectoradmin said in Search feature in palettes:

Got the file, and it looks like there is a problem when reading this ASE file. The problem has been identified, and the fix will be in the next build.

I tested this by exporting a palette with AI Fruits palette included in swatches, and VS imported that without any problems both on macOS and Windows. The source was created on Windows using AI CS6.

0_1620407139017_e1878efe-6b0e-43c3-90f4-1daa3058b160-image.png

Is the error related to later version of AI, or having something unexpected in the swatches? I suppose AI automatically excludes gradients and the kinds of swatches that are not supported in an ASE file?

• @Arde would you like me to send you the ase file that I tried to use? I also use CS6 but on a mac. I can send you my email in the PM. @vectoradmin said he found the issue with my ase file, but I'd be curious if you could open it without issue like you did the fruit palette.

• @Boldline said in Search feature in palettes:

@Arde would you like me to send you the ase file that I tried to use? I also use CS6 but on a mac. I can send you my email in the PM.

Yes, that's fine.

• administrators

@Arde The error can be fixed in the ASE import of VectorStyler. Various Adobe versions are not very consistent when writing files, and in some ASE files the header info (palette name, etc) is missing.

• This was solved for me in the newest beta, thank you!

• @vectoradmin I was able to open the color palette I had saved last week and it opened just fine in the new beta. I did notice one thing - the very first swatch in this ase file is the registration color from Illustrator. When it opened in VS, it appears as a neutral gray swatch in the upper left corner.
    I know i can add in a registration swatch natively in VS to solve the problem, but in the interest of covering all the bases, I wanted to see if there was something that could be done when an ase file is imported into VS. I included a screenshot of the same ase file in Illustrator and in VS

0_1621090984721_BLD 2021-05-15 at 11.02.07.png
    0_1621091037736_BLD 2021-05-15 at 11.03.15.png

• administrators

@Boldline The grey box indicates a color group header. Colors from ASE are organized in groups. I will look into the registration color import issue.