Possible Bug in Context Panel for Fill and Stroke, plus related questions?

• Possible bug(s)?

Is the first box at the top left left hand corner of the group of color boxes in the Color Palette supposed to be a “No fill" (or No stroke) icon ? (Context Panel> Fill (or Stroke)> Drop-down menu> Palettes).

It looks like the typical red forward-slash in a white box icon for that function. No description pops up when you hover over it as well (another bug???)

It’s just to the left of the black box that says “registration” as you hover over it.

If it is a “no fill" or "no stroke" icon, it’s not working. It does nothing I can see.

The icon to the left of the flyout menu does indeed make the selected object have No Fill (or No Stroke) as expected.

Two other questions:
    It’s kind of cool I guess (flexible anyway) that both the Fill and Stroke can have separate options. For example, if the Fill is set to Color>RGB, and you change it to Palettes, the Stroke remains set to Color>RGB when you go to that panel.

1). Could you, somehow, add a lock-unlock Padlock Icon to link the Fill and Stroke Context Panels such that if you change the color setting type for one of them, the other one will automatically be set to match?

2). Could you add a “close” button (a circled x icon) in the upper left hand corner to close the Fill and Stroke Context Panels after you are finished with them?

• Global Moderator

Assuming you mean the row of colors which is across the bottom of the window by default, that swatch (red line through it) has no tooltip for me either, but it does work and removes the fill. I am on the Mac if that makes any difference.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock The "no fill" icon at the start of the color palette works here. Could be some different configuration?

In 1) you mean to have the same content in Fill and Stroke popups? If so, this could be done. The problem is that if the fill is a gradient, the stroke still has to stay with a color selection mode if it is a solid color.

For 2) clicking outside of the popover opened from the context panel should close the popover.

• @fde101 said in Possible Bug in Context Panel for Fill and Stroke, plus related questions?:

Assuming you mean the row of colors which is across the bottom of the window by default, that swatch (red line through it) has no tooltip for me either, but it does work and removes the fill. I am on the Mac if that makes any difference.

@vectoradmin said in Possible Bug in Context Panel for Fill and Stroke, plus related questions?:

@Vector-Rock The "no fill" icon at the start of the color palette works here. Could be some different configuration?

@vectoradmin & @fde101

No, not the Color Palette rows across the bottom.

I am talking about the when you access using the Context Panel at the top, below the main window.

1). Draw an object
    2). Click on the Fill (or Stroke, either way) color box from Context Panel at the top os the screen
    3). Click the Drop-down arrow (so you can change from the default "Color" to what you want)
    4). In this case, from Drop-down menu, change the check mark from "Color" and put the check next to Palettes

The Palette color boxes appear (13 columns, 9 rows).

Look for the first box at the top left left hand corner of the group of color boxes in the Palette. It looks like the typical red forward-slash in a white box icon (it’s just to the left of the black box that says “registration” as you hover over it)

There is no "tool tip" when you hover over it.

When you click it, it doesn't work (but the other "no fill" icon in the upper right part of the panel, next to the fly-out menu, does produce the expected result)

Here is a screen shot with Fill selected. The same happens for Stroke as well:

0_1620199314988_VectorStyler_Context-Panel_Palettes_No-Fill_No-Stroke_Not-Working_Screen Shot_with-Edits_ZZZ_JPEG.jpg

As @fde101 pointed out, hovering over the "no fill" icon for the Color Palette at the bottom of the screen does not provide a "tool tip" (description).

• Global Moderator

Interesting.

I discovered that I could rename that palette entry, and after doing so, the tooltip is fixed (it looks like it started with a blank name), but the appearance also changed: it now behaves like a normal color palette entry with a solid white color.

There is definitely a bug here but I'm not sure what it is. The entry itself seems unnecessary given that there is already the item @Vector-Rock pointed out in the upper-right corner of the popup which does the job. I'm not sure if this was an earlier idea about where to put that which was then discarded but never fully cleaned up after or what might be going on here, but I'm quite sure it was not meant to behave the way it is.

I also see no way to revert that entry back now that I've renamed it.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock The no fill selection from the popover fill palette list is fixed in 1.0.025

• @vectoradmin said in Possible Bug in Context Panel for Fill and Stroke, plus related questions?:

@Vector-Rock The no fill selection from the popover fill palette list is fixed in 1.0.025

Thanks, working properly now!