Add a Contour Gradient type

• In addition to the five Gradient types currently available with VectorStyler (Linear, Concentric, Conical, Spiral, and Noise), I’d like to see VectorStyler add a Contour Gradient.

Macromedia/Adobe FreeHand added a Contour Gradient in their last released version. Here is some brief Information on it:

FreeHand
    Contour gradients have two handles. They apply color in concentric shapes, based on the shape of the object. The start point determines the center of the gradient. The end point determines the length of the gradient, but not its angle or shape.
    0_1622109210879_FreeHand_Contour-Gradient.png

• administrators

@Vector-Rock I think that this is doable, given that VS already allows any closed shape assigned for concentric gradients. Just have to make the shape to be a copy of the object shape.
    In this example the gradient shape refers to the object shape: https://recordit.co/1jN3KICQnm
    The only open issue is to automatically find the suitable center of the shape, and to deal with shapes where such center does not exist.

• @vectoradmin.

I wish I knew how the FreeHand engineers/coders handled the open issue challenges you describe. They worked it out somehow. Thankfully we have a wizard like you to figure it out, ha, ha😀

It would make for a nice addition to VectorStyler if you could make it happen. I'm confident you'll solve the puzzle and "wow" us!