Add a Document Palette

• User Interface Improvement:

@vectoradmin,

I’d like to see VectorStyler add a Document Palette.

The Document Palette is a detachable bar that contains Color Swatches for the Current Document.

CorelDRAW does this nicely and it is very useful. When you create a new document, CorelDRAW automatically creates an empty “Document Palette” docking and appearing near the bottom of the Workspace and is located between the Horizontal Scroll Bar and the Status Bar (Window->Palettes->Document Palette).

The main elements of the Document Palette:
    By default, Automatically adds Color Swatch Boxes of any Object created in the Current Document to the Palette.

You can Disable automatic adding of colors by clicking the panels Fly-out Arrow Icon button->Palette->Auto-Add Colors

You can Manually add by:

• Selecting (click, marquee) an Object(s) from the Artboard and Drag to the Document Palette or by clicking the Fly-out Arrow Icon button->Palette->Add from Selection

• Drag a Swatch from a different open Palette and drop in the Document Palette

• Using the Eyedropper Icon button found at the left edge of the Document Palette on a an Object or Image (Hold down the Ctrl key for Multiple colors)

To Remove colors from the Document Palette, click the Fly-out Arrow Icon button->Palette->Delete Color

You can Move the Swatch order by Click and Drag to the new position

The Document Palette colors are Saved along with the Document.

Here an example of CorelDRAW:
    0_1627909298895_CorelDRAW_Document_Color_Palette_Annotated_Fly-out-Choices_VectorStyler-SCREEN-SHOT_Reduced-to-8-inches_Forum-Post_8-2-2021.png

• administrators

@Vector-Rock The default palette that is shown in the color bar and when the Color Palette panel is opened, is a Document Palette. It is stored in the document, and it may contain spot or linked colors.
    The palette is not empty by default. Any changes to this palette are saved into the document and each document has a different Document Palette

• @vectoradmin I think what @Vector-Rock would like to have is the app automatically adding the last used or composed color to the front of a special palette, for easy access when you need to assign that color again.

But I kinda find the CDR way of placing it at the bottom of the screen is not that fast to work with — I'd rather have it in the right-click menu, something like this:

0_1627954151753_auto.png
    I also think that placing the Cut, Copy and Paste commands as buttons in a single row would be better. If possible…

• @b77 said in Add a Document Palette:

@vectoradmin I think what @Vector-Rock would like to have is the app automatically adding the last used or composed color to the front of a special palette, for easy access when you need to assign that color again.

Spot on @b77!

But I kinda find the CDR way of placing it at the bottom of the screen is not that fast to work with — I'd rather have it in the right-click menu, something like this:

That's a good option too. It might be cool to have the option to access them in either manner.

Since the CorelDRAW Document Palette can be "hidden" if desired, on those occasions when the user would rather use the right click menu, they could.

• administrators

@b77 @Vector-Rock I will check if we could have such popup menu.
    Having a list of recent fill styles somewhere is a great idea, I will add this as a feature request to the backlog.