Merging overlapping nodes

• Hi,

I went through the documentation, but I can't find anything on how I could merge nodes that are on top of each other, or very close to each other. Is this possible?

• administrators

@Gremriel There is no such feature. Any example from other apps can help. Would this remove the node if the segment between the two overlapping nodes is of zero length?

• A simple user case would be to create a square, select the bottom two nodes and scale them so I have a triangle. The 'problem' is that those two nodes are now on top of eachother and there is no easy way to make that one node. Sure, I can try and drag on of them out and delete it, and there is another way to make a triangle by using the star tool and set the sides, but that involves extra steps.

I know it's kind of a niche example, but sometimes I end up with a shape that has overlapping nodes and no easy way to remove the unneeded node. It's not a deal breaker in any way, just thought I'd bring it up 🙂

• administrators

@Gremriel So basically it is a removal of zero length segments. I added this to the backlog, it is doable.
    Overlapping nodes cannot always be removed, as the segment between them (if it is not a line) can be a loop.