Copying a vector selection to computer memory stays in memory even if you go back in history

• One of the things about Illustrator that comes in handy repeatedly through the day is the ability to use vectors in the design to create something, copy that new thing to memory, then go back a few steps in history and hit paste and have that fresh edit still available to use in the design.
    Basically it would be most helpful if the temporary memory of what is copied to the computer memory with control-c, would remain there no matter what - even if we go back a few steps. (it would remain there until a new item was copied to memory)
    I had grabbed a couple things I designed and unioned them together to make a solid shape. I wanted to use it as a drop shadow of sorts behind itself. After i had successfully joined it all into one shape, I copied that new shape into memory and then went back a few steps to when those parts were as they should be. I went to paste the new shape I had just saved to memory and it was gone.
    Could we change the setting so the temporary memory is not affected by the reversal or going forward in the edit history of the design?

• UPDATE: It seems to work as I would expect when I used another example... I'm not sure what happened the other time

On a related sidenote - I hope at some point, even if it's in version 2.0, we get the option to save multiple copies to memory and then pick the one we want... so VS keeps the last 5 selections stored in temporary memory - and we click a drop-down and can select it and make it an active copy again

• administrators

@Boldline I will try to replicate this one, it looks like a bug.
    The multiple pasteboard feature is in the backlog, and will be done until version 2.

• administrators

@Boldline I could not replicate this one. I think it could be caused by some specific steps (changes) made after copying. If there is an example file, with stored history, that might help replicate this one, please email it to me.