October 12, 12109
Apply image effects on any artwork
- Large collection of customizable image effects can be applied to artwork.
- Image effects are nondestructive: keep editing the artwork and change effect properties at any time.
- Effects can be applied on vectors or images and still retaining all editing options.
- Zoom in or out on image effects, rendering the effects at current resolution.
- Use GPU acceleration for image effects rendering.
- Edit image effects interactively in the document using the image effect tool from the panel.
- Apply multiple image effects on groups of objects.
- Import, export and reuse SVG image filters.
The Image Effects panel
- Create, edit and manage image effects on selected objects using the Image Effects panel.
- Create and reuse image effect styles and presets.
- View and edit detailed attributes of image effects.
- List and organize stacks of image effects applied on the selected object.
- Select interactive tools to edit image effect attributes and shapes.
- Setup opacity and transparency mask of individual image effects.
Image distortion effects
- Apply geometric distortions as image effects.
- Distortion effects can be edited interactively in the document.
- Apply concentric warp effect.
- Create wave, zigzag, ripple or perturbation effects.
- Use generated noise as a parameter of various distortion effects.
Mesh and other distortions on images
- Apply and interactively edit 4-point image distortion effects.
- Create and edit envelope effects as image distortions.
- Create and edit mesh grid effects as image distortions.
- Use Elastic Warp effect to distort selected objects and images in an elastic way.
- Use the Bend effect to bend the selected objects and images along a shape including variable width profiles.
- Apply blur filters from a large selection of blur types.
- Supported blur filters: Gaussian, Box, Concentric, Cone, Disc, Motion, Noise, Radial, Wave and Zoom blurs.
- Edit shape and direction of Gaussian blurs.
- Edit attributes of all blur types interactively.
- Adjust blur strength locally using a mask.
- Edit the shape of Concentric, Cone and Wave blurs.
- Use Noise blur to create locally varying blurs.
- Apply color filters to create nondestructive color adjustments.
- Edit color filter properties in the Image Effects panel.
- Adjust colors using the Black and White, Channel Mixer, Hue Adjustments, Color Balance and Color Map filters.
- Adjust color tones using the Curves and Levels filters.
- Use Exposure, Posterize, Solarize, Vibrance, Photo Filter and Contrast filters to create color adjustment effects.
- Generate new images using image generator filters.
- Apply Brushed Metal image generator on any objects.
- Create Flare, Lens Flare or Star Shine effects.
- Select from an extensive set of noise types and variations to generate synthetic noise.
- Create and edit Turbulence noise.
Stylistic image effects
- Add Brush or Noise effects to existing colors of the selected objects.
- Create Bloom, Haze, Inner or Outer Glow effects.
- Create Drop Shadows.
- Create Halftone effects of arbitrary shape.
- Create Crystalize, Pixelate or Pointilize effects.
SVG filter compatibility
- Import and use SVG filters with SVG documents.
- Show lists of SVG filter collections in the Image Effects panel and the Effects menu.
- Add standard SVG effects to objects or images.
- Add SVG effect compositions to objects or images.
- Export SVG effect compositions into SVG files.
- Import SVG effect definitions and use these from the Effects menu or the Image Effects panel.
Adjustment layers and objects
- Create adjustment layers with image effects applied to layers below.
- Setup shape for an adjustment layer to limit the area of filtering.
- Use the layer content as a mask for the strength of the adjustment effect.
- Create an adjustment effect applied to the backdrop of an object or group of objects to filter specific areas in a document.
- Use the Adjustment Layer and Content is Mask attributes of any object or group of objects to create adjustment effects.
- Shape of objects determines the filtering area of adjustment effect.