Issue when switching from tablet to mouse

• I started a drawing with the tablet and since then the mouse only works partially: I can select one node at a time but can't select several nodes at once by click-drag, the central wheel of the mouse only allows me to zoom but not to move on the artboard...
    I have to close VS, reopen the file sometimes several times so that the mouse reacquires all its functions (W10, Intuos4)

• administrators

@Pat This problem has been reported also by others, and there is an open bug with this.

The problem is, that I could not replicate it yet (I also used Intuos tablet).

I will try to replicate this again, and if there is more info on what to do with the tablet to have the mouse break, please let me know.

• @VectorStyler Yes of course, I will report any useful information. Ideally I should test with my Windows 11 PC but I need to finish some schematics asap before resuming the tests.

• @Pat said in Issue when switching from tablet to mouse:

I started a drawing with the tablet and since then the mouse only works partially: I can select one node at a time but can't select several nodes at once by click-drag, the central wheel of the mouse only allows me to zoom but not to move on the artboard...
    I have to close VS, reopen the file sometimes several times so that the mouse reacquires all its functions (W10, Intuos4)

I have the same issues (Win 10, Xp Pen Deco 01 v2). In my case, mouse problems show after the first change of whatever value made with stylus via panels like Stroke, Brushes, Gradient, Character, Glyphs, Pattern, Repeater.

Error free panels are: Color, Layer, Transform, Canvas

I changed the mouse, but with no luck.

@Pat Can you check this out? Maybe we find the cause?

• @Harry I will but I always end up with this issue .

VS is unusable for me on W10/tablet. I had to go back to AD and I don't have much time right now to test further... but I will ☺

• @Harry I finally decided to switch entirely to W11 and I will only be able to test with this OS but still with an Intuos4.

• Quickly tested, same issues... an upgrade to W11 doesn't help the heratic behavior of the mouse & pen. Is it a problem with some tablets? My old Intuos behaves correctly with other apps. This problem is very annoying because it is difficult to use only one tool... hope this will be solved soon ☺

• administrators

@Pat I have made some changes to how the mouse/tablet switching is handled on Windows. But since I could not replicate the bug, I cannot be sure if these changes fix the issue.

Please check if the problem occurs again.