VectorStyler
    • Categories
    • Unread
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Add Unlock to the Right-Click Menu for Locked Objects

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Features and Ideas
    1 Posts 1 Posters 8 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BoldlineB Offline
      Boldline
      last edited by Boldline

      I was experimenting with setting the lock settings to "Allow Locked Objects" as active - so I can select a locked item but not move or edit it. I'm now seeing the value in this feature. Every day I learn new tricks and methods that improve my use of VS!

      When Select → Options → Allow Locked Objects is enabled, locked objects can be selected without being edited.

      This makes it easy to choose exactly which locked objects I want to unlock, but the final step still requires going to Object → Locked.

      I think it would be useful to add Unlock or Toggle Locked to the right-click context menu when a locked object is selected.
      This would be be another fast method to control what is locked or unlocked. It would only appear in the right-click menu when a locked object is selected and "Allow Locked Objects" is enabled

      3662b5b6-c50f-4259-93d3-20f6b6e6f7df-CleanShot 2026-10-07 at 11.14.55 PM.png

      Suggested workflow

      1. Enable Allow Locked Objects
      2. Select one or more locked objects
      3. Right-click
      4. Choose Unlock

      This would make selective unlocking much faster, especially in files with many locked objects spread across different layers.

      Related discussion:

      https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/2796/selecting-one-locked-object

      🍎 macOS Tahoe 26.2, Mac mini (M1, 2020), Chip Apple M1, Memory 16 GB
      Cintiq 27QHD Display and LG Ultra HD Display

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • First post
        Last post