Color dropper available everywhere - almost

• Is this possible? Otherwise consider this, please. 🙂

One of the things I do on a daily basis is to recreate items from photos. Hand trace buildings, gadgets, cameras, trees, faces, you name it. Like everyone else I mostly do two things in the process:

• Draw the outlines (hand tracing)
    • Color them (using the exact colors from the photos)

Hand tracing on top of them is piece of cake in VS. Coloring them not at all. For this kind of work I consider that a showstopper.

I suggest something like the always available color dropper in Affinity is implemented - here, with each gradient stop selected, I can simply press ALT and pick a color for the gradient stop. Very often I can recreate the textture of entire areas on the photo with gradients:

alt text

I am almost there in VS - but with a gradient enabled on a hidden object the gradient just disappears if I enable the style dropper from the toolbar.

• I suggest something as easy as ALT + click to pick a color from the gradient editor (it HAS to be that easy)
    • I suggest implementing a drag'n'pick color dropper for regular colors:

For regular color picking I use slower the drag and pick color dropper in Affinity and Gravit all the time (but this would not work in gradients, too cumbersome)

alt text

Here I like the speed and ease of Gravits drag'n'pick method. Affinity works in a similar way but stores the color in a temporary color picker box which can then be used and re-used multiple times, which I also use from time to time.

0_1637108569269_94ae735d-b3ba-460f-a283-9e182e9293f8-image.png

Many words, I hope I made myself understandable 🙂

• administrators

@Ingolf This type of color picker does not exist in VS (color picker is a separate tool).
    I will add this to the backlog, will try to do it ASAP.

• @vectoradmin You are made of gold 🙂 Prioritize a good solution, I am in no rush for now but as I said, it is a killer feature. 🙂

THANKS!

• @vectoradmin You are made of gold 🙂 Prioritize a good solution, I am in no rush for now but as I said, it is a killer feature. 🙂

THANKS!

As I said, @vectoradmin you are made of gold.

The implementation in beta 1.1 is exactly what I need and what works so well in a workflow. I will test it this week.

• @Ingolf said in Color dropper available everywhere - almost:

Many words, I hope I made myself understandable

I do this all the time intentionally because I am always trying to be clear and leave no room for confusion 🙂