Change color mode - stroke goes from none to color

• Draw shape with pen tool - switch foreground and background color (fill now black, stroke none)

• Change color mode from rgb til hls

• Stroke is now black (on exactly stroke, because stroke is still active, in front)

• Set stroke to none

• Change color mode

• Stroke is set here as well

• Selecting another color mode should never actually set a color on an object

• Switching colors between stroke and fill should probably also affect which one is in front, active

• administrators

@Ingolf Setting the color mode will select the color to the selected object, by design. The color mode is also stored with the object.

I will think of a way to avoid setting the color mode if the object has no fill (or stroke). Or maybe make this an option (panel menu).

About switching the color target: this could be done, but none of the other apps do this, so I'm a bit worried about the expectations of new users.

• @vectoradmin said in Change color mode - stroke goes from none to color:

@Ingolf Setting the color mode will select the color to the selected object, by design. The color mode is also stored with the object.
    I will think of a way to avoid setting the color mode if the object has no fill (or stroke). Or maybe make this an option (panel menu).

Not a big issue for me 🙂 If you solve it I don't think you have to make it another setting. Toggling mode is not a color choosing action, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen in the color chooser when selecting another color mode.

About switching the color target: this could be done, but none of the other apps do this, so I'm a bit worried about the expectations of new users.

You are right - this is how it works in Illustrator, Affinity and others so better if you stay in sync with them. 🙂

• administrators

@Ingolf There is a Select Color Mode option in the Color panel menu, to control whether the color mode change causes the selection of the color or not.