When Grouping fails occasionally....

• In case this helps with finding areas where VS features stop functioning....
    There are a few features that give out consistently - though part of that may be tied to how often i use certain tools.

Grouping is one of them - If I select several objects and group them, it works as long as they are currently active selected. If I deselect and then grab it again, I only get one part, not the whole group. Saving the file and closing and re-opening it made the group return, I did not have to go re-group them again.

So using my simple reasoning - the grouping was still there even when it failed, but it was not recognizing that grouping until I restarted

UPDATE: I think it ties in to what selection tool I am using. I was using the third one over when I was trying to group - I had forgotten to switch back to the standard one... when I use one of the others, it causes issues with standard tasks like selections and groupings... I don't know if that is something that makes more sense to also allow to perform those things or not...

0_1641241148075_003f3e1c-7a93-4d2b-89a7-3904f02efa47-BLD 2022-01-03 at 15.18.59.png

• administrators

@Boldline Let me know if there are still issues of this kind when grouping .