Repeaters Future Add-ons

• The more I use repeaters, the more impressive it is!
    As I used it, it reminded me of the "future feature" we spoke of a year ago where shapes and/or words could be sued to fill a specific shape. There are websites that can create the shape or allow you to import a shape and then add the words to be used to fill that shape
    The issue with these sites is that they don't release a vector file and whatever you make, the best you can do it use it as a template to arrange the words by size.
    0_1641273062547_482979ed-f395-401c-b9e1-5489a773e904-image.png

With the addition to VS of "split text" to allow for words to be divided up easily from a source list, and now repeaters - We're a lot closer to that possibility of making word clouds in VS in vector.

Does VS have a size randomizer option? I know there is the option inside repeaters. Where I could select a bunch of vectors or groups of vectors and automatically scale evenly by size between two extreme sizes? and/or an option to randomize the size of the selected shapes? Essentially that would be the last step to creating something like this.
    No pressure intended @vectoradmin - I was just reminded of this and wanted to share that correlation

• administrators

@Boldline There is size randomization (between a min / max size), just select Randomized in the Scaling field.
    But it does not help much with the above scheme.

This repeater scheme is in the backlog.

• Hello @VectorStyler - has there been any update on a repeater function? I see the repeater view, but it would be great to feed it a set of objects and a shape to fill then have a best fit mode to calculate the space for each element? Maybe…

• administrators

@mspacemedia said in Repeaters Future Add-ons:

to fill then have a best fit mode to calculate the space for each element?

This feature is not yet implemented. And it probably will come only after 1.2

Bit it is possible to arrange multiple shapes, or symbols using random positioning.